No announcement yet.

2006 - what are YOU looking forward to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 - what are YOU looking forward to?

So, what are you personally looking forward to in the new year? (Inspired by the same-titled thread in GHW/SW)

I'll go ahead:

- "Divorce" (we weren't married, but we had a kid and lived together)
    - Getting my ass off the ground
    - Sorting out my life
    - Hopefully final attempt at getting some kind of job education (apprenticeship or uni)
    - Socializing more (I've really dug myself in the last few years)

It's all part of the master plan!
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Dropping 10-20lbs off me, and putting ~50lbs on my bench press.
    Enjoying my new work role in product development.
    More travel this year.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

- A break (*nod* Dan)
      - Losing more weight and living healthier
      - A vacation with my wife
      - A move to the East coast
      - Investing more time in my hobbies
      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

To get my weight below 200 for the first time since high school (15 to go)
        A little more self-dicipline to clear my staggering backload of personal projects
        Saving enough for that new camcorder I've been doing without for nearly 3 years!!!!

Kevin

Comment

- Getting Claymonkey Studio off the ground
          - Getting a few more MCP's under my belt
          - Losing another 35lb this year like I did last year
          - Make lots of art
          - Spend more quality time with my friends now that I'm back on the east coast
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
            - A break (*nod* Dan)
            break, snap, crunch - sits in corner hugging knees, rocking back and forth muttering 'wibble'
            right that bit I have achieved.

Kresq, same here got about another 12 myself to get me below 200lbs, lost about 25 so far.

Mostly the same as Jesse's list, surprisingly our lives are similar, cept well I want a divorce - still
            Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I doubt I'll be below 200 again anytime soon. I'm 228 now, and although I have plenty of fat to lose, I probably wouldn't want to lose 30lbs.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

New job in manufacturing
                Met old friends from 20 years ago and keeping up with that
                Getting my wife back home from work in the evening
                Stay well
                Trying not to be as big of an ****ole

Comment

* A job! Started sending out crap today.
                  * Finally working on a project that his been kicked around for 7 years now.
                  * Putting 10 pounds on my upper body, in total I would like to lose 5-10 lbs of fat and gain 15 lbs in muscle
                  * More backpacking around Oregon
                  Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                  Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

I am looking forward to getting out of debt

Getting into debt. (house)

Divorce is never easy, but as Willy Nelson said at the end of Dukes of Hazzard "Why are divorces so expensive?" "Because they are worth it"
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

• New baby!
                      • Winning the lottery! (hopefully it'll be this year)
                      • Getting out of debt! (hopefully it'll be this year)
                      • Getting a laptop! (hopefully it'll be this year)
                      • New MURC Game thread going past 10K replies.
                      Titanium is the new bling!
                      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

- Sell my house.
                        - Buy a house.
                        - Move to Charlotte, NC.
                        - Survive the move to Charlotte, NC.
                        - Play Supreme Commander later in the year.
                        - Finish writing my book.
                        - Kick my addiction to Supreme Commander so I can finish my book and spend time with the kids.
                        - Hiking for a weekend or two in the mountains.
                        - Build up enough savings to buy a big screen TV or projector.
                        - Take over the universe.
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Well, Jamm, you and I might soon become closer neighbours. We've actually been looking at the Raleigh area (specifically Cary).
                          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

-Becoming a grandfather again (Sabrina & Phil are trying)
                            -Becoming a father-in-law again (Kurt is engaged to Missy, a living doll)
                            -Dropping some pounds
                            -Getting Chris & family moved out of our house & into their own
                            -Finish upgrading the edit bays to Athlon64 X2's (2 down, 7 to go)
                            -Finish upgrading the UPS's to higher power units (2 down, 7 to go)
                            -Starting the ************** beta
                            -Finishing the ************** beta so I can get some sleep until the next beta

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
                              Well, Jamm, you and I might soon become closer neighbours. We've actually been looking at the Raleigh area (specifically Cary).
                              MURC, NC chapter. Time to break out the banjos!

We are looking at SW Charlotte or Clover, SC (other side of Lake Wiley). I will be there in Feb. house hunting and training.
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X