Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulead DVD Workshop problem

Wow...haven't been in here in awhile...

Anyway, I'm trying to use DVD Workshop v. 2.0, but I'm getting some strange results. I capture video the same way I've been capturing it for years, using either Vidtools or Premiere, in either Matrox Mjpeg or MS DV format. Can edit just fine, export to mpeg1 (for simple projects not intended for DVD), or AVI for shorter projects or frameserve to Tsunami and encode DVD format mpeg2 files that play back just fine in Cyberlink DVD Player. But when I try to create a DVD using DVD Workshop the resultant video is washed out and contrasty. No word yet from Ulead's tech support for possible solutions.

It's worth noting that an earlier version of DVD Workshop worked fine with no problems at all.

When I use DVD Workshop to create a disk I always use video and audio settings of a higher bitrate than my source video, so that (hopefully!) DVD Workshop will not re-render the video. But it seems to be doing something to the video to make it unwatchable. Any ideas what?

system:
    Abit KX7-333 mobo
    Athlon XP 2100+
    1 GB Ram
    Marvel G400-TV
    TBSC soundcard
    Premiere 6.0
    (Win98SE) PD 5.41, VT 1.52
    (Win2k SP4) Adis' hacks (seldom used for capture)
    DX9

Working on updating but still need to find a good TV card. Just never have any luck with the All-In-Wonder (tried several different versions over the years). If I could find an external tuner with a firewire output I'd be in heaven (assuming I could afford it!).

Kevin

If your input file is DVD-compliant MPEG-2 it will not re-render in WS2 unless you specifically force it to in Edit|Video or Audio. The checkbox 'Convert to Disc Template' forces the issue. If the input file is not DVD-compliant or you force the issue, then the rendering is done in the final stage, by default to the project settings, although you have control over them in the last screen.

Frankly, if it is not re-rendered, I cannot see how a burning software can change the quality of a file. All it will do is to demux the audio from the video in the MPEG file and remux it to the DVD standard. The video is, to the best of my knowledge, absolutely unchanged.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

And if the audio already meets DVD spec it won't mess with it much if at all unless told to in the audio tab, which has its own "do not convert" checkbox.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't see why you don't use DVDWS' encoder. Do you have a better one?
        Might make you life a little simpler.

Good Luck,

Ted
        Premiere PRO XP Pro
        Asus P4s533
        P4-2.8
        Matrox G450
        RT.x100
        45 GIG System Drive
        120 Export Drive
        Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz