Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing at 320x240 YUV2,......

Anyone else having this problem ?,....

When capturing at 320x240 PAL 25fps in YUV2 format with my G450 eTV the resulting video is not correctly sized, the bottom pixels 20 to 30 pixels are missing.
    Tried all different kinds off compression, capture progs and even tried a fresh win 2k install.
    Now kids could you be so kind to try this at home and post you results here ?

Jasper

[This message has been edited by AE-35 (edited 16 May 2001).]

That's because you should be using 352x288 in PAL.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 16 May 2001).]

Comment

Yep that's true but,... it's still a bug because when I capture in 24 bit RGB format it is corectly scaled to 320x240.
      Sometimes I just wanna capture in 320x240 for making a multimedia file to watch on pc only

Comment

Sorry, but no.

The permissible YUY2 capture formats are the same as those for MJPeg and different from those used for RGB. 320x240 is an RGB resolution.

If you want to capture YUY2 in a rez that will have the proper aspect ratio and proportions use 352x288 in PAL. If you want it smaller then scale it with the aspect ratio preserved when you encode it to MPEG, or whatever you're using as a final format.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 16 May 2001).]

Comment

Ok, I capture in 352x288 and resize it afterwards, but I just think it's just an extra thing to do, making the proces longer.
          btw, do you know what the pixel aspect ratio is for a file captured with 352x288 PAL ?, and for PAL VCD

Jasper

Comment

I went through the same issues not long after flying dutchman did his YUY2 hack. There is no way round it, if you want 320x240 you either need to use RGB or resize a YUY2 capture afterwards. It looks like YUY2 is not correctly done in the Matrox drivers.

The correct resolution depends on the final display device you intend to use. For digital video displayed on a PC 320x240 gives the correct aspect ratio. For PAL TV then 352x288 is correct.

Comment

It's not that YUY2 isn't "properly done", it's just that YUY2 is locked into the resolutions programmed into the codec. Those are the same ones used for MJPeg.

Now...if you want to get a bit weird....you CAN do custom frame sizes in both VirtualDUB and AVI_IO (I use ver. 3.19). It'll take a bit of playing around with the settings to do this though.

I've been able to capture 480x480 YUY2/HuffYUV video for NTSC SVCD with AVI_IO on the eTV.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 18 May 2001).]

Comment

Working...
              X