Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Douglas Adams, author of HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, dies at 49.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Douglas Adams, author of HitchHikers Guide to the Galaxy, dies at 49.....

The title says it all.

Mr. Adams was a master of witty dialog, satire and insightful humor. He'll be greatly missed by this very big fan of his works.

42!

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 12 May 2001).]

One of my favourite authors too. May he rest in peace.

------------------
    Live long and prosper!

[This message has been edited by JLP (edited 12 May 2001).]
    Live long and prosper!

Comment

As an owner of The Hitch-hiker's Guide To The Galaxy cassette tape set which I never tire of listening to I'd like to second the previous comments.

RIP. Douglas and thank you.

Comment

I am sorry to hear of his untimely demise.

I remember debating many of his fantastic ideas with engineering buddies during my college days. A favorite of mine was the probability drive!
        - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

wow does this ever make me sad. for those of you who have no idea, definately check out his books.......

Comment

This very sad news was reported in the soapbox a little while back.
            [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
            Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
            Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
            Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
            Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

At least He finaly knows the question to the ultimate answer....

You will be deeply missed Douglas.

Nezza "42" (what else did you think my 42 was for!)

Comment

a great loss indeed.... just hope he remembered to bring a towel!

(If you didnĀ“t get that one... read HHGTG again)
                If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Working...
                X