APPLE's New MacBook Pro Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APPLE's New MacBook Pro Laptop

MacBook Pro with M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max chips. Up to 22 hours of battery life. The world’s best laptop display. Now in a new color: Space Black.

Pretty sweet, eh?

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Only if you can multiboot Windows & Linux

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Linux should multi boot ok. windows on the other hand with it not having a bios.

I personally am looking forward to the first gen of MacBook Pro's after the whole apple line has migrated to mactel's. The core speed seems a little crippled to me for now.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Aren't these based on the Pentium-M architecture? Core speed of the P-Ms isn't as high as the P4 but the performance certainly is.

Besides, I thought all you Mac people were always on about how core speed wasn't important?
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

There are Mac people and then there are Mac zealots. Given Sasq is a relatively recent convert, he wouldn't fall into the latter category

It was always about the core speeds not being easily compared (PPC vs x86), rather than that speed just not being important. With OS X it's still about memory more than anything else - it's a beast in that regard.
          “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Makes sense, from a RISC standpoint memory would be an important performance factor.

And yeah, I know what you mean about core speeds not being easily compared, I just didn't have my wits about me to say it concisely so I fubbed it.

I was doing something else at the time but couldn't resist the chance to poke our loveable Admin.
            P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

hey Jesse, think we could photochop a shag pile rug onto that purple hippo?
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Better yet, I could photoshop that hippo into a rug
                “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                X