FTP Client advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Client advice

I need to use FTP to publish some files and it's been a while.

I had a program many moons ago that allowed me to queue up specific directories and then let it run on it's own. Anyone know of a program that does that?

I don't want to fully sync the site to my copy of it, just specific directories and I don't want to have to copy one folder, then wait, then do another.

Preferably, I'd like something free, or with a full trial so I can use it and probably forget about it. If I like it and it turns out that I'll need it again, I'm not against paying for it.

Thank guys!
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

if i remember correctly, LeechFTP had a queue feature ...
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

LeechFTP hasn't been updated since 1999. Is it a good program?

Comment

I did some googling and found a util called LeapFTP.

Seems to do what I want.

Comment

I use SmartFTP which has a queuing feature for both up- and down-loading. It suits me fine and is freeware for individuals.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Also a user of SmartFTP, it's a great little program
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I use AceFTP...

You must register it, but registration is free.
              I have registered 2 free programs (AceFTP and AceHTML), and they rarely send spam (< every three months); usually it is to indicate a new version, or a discount offer.

Jörg
              pixar
              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Do SmartFTP or AceFTP have a queue feature?

Comment

Another vote here for SmartFTP, which does have queueing. Regularly updated and free.
                  FT.

Comment

Not sure if this has what you need, but it's free at least...

Download FileZilla® for free. A fast cross-platform FTP client. FileZilla® is a cross-platform FTP, SFTP, and FTPS client with a vast list of features, which supports Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and more. FileZilla's dynamic tools help you move files between your local machine and your Web site's server effortlessly.

Comment

Free with queue support http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

Oops it's seem I was a bit to late .
                      Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
                      Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
                      Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see the previous posts that said SmartFTP has queuing.

I was having problem with LeapFTP so I just downloaded and am running SmartFTP. Seems to be working.

Comment

LeechFTP has been discontinued since 1999... AND it had some major memory leaks when you queued up like 5 different sites with long download or upload queues (*ahem* no idea how I know THAT).

Its successor is called BIT BEAMER (tada)!

But that too has been discontinued because the author fell off the face of the planet. However, it is still my ONLY FTP client, because it ROCKS.

You have to disable the MP3 search feature (yeah it's from THAT era, circa 2002) and turn off the update checking and the IE integration... oh and you can't BUY it any more so you kinda have to crack it... but it rocks! PM me for more info.
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

SmartFTP seems to be working well.

The particular site I'm uploading to keeps disconnecting me. LeapFTP was having a problem with autoconnect but SmartFTP seems to be handling it well.

And the queue works a treat.

Comment

BitBeamer is the best once it's tweaked. Most deature filled etc.

My favorite alternative is FileZilla. A bit easier to use than SmartFTP or AceFTP, and a few more features.
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X