Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• murcy-swimathon

Hi Chaps (and Ladies of course!)

OK, so this is a blatant attempt at fund-raising, but for 3 very good charities.

Last year I took part in a Swimathon, swimming 2500m in 1hr 23 minutes, and raised nearly £300 (plus an extra 28% tax break for the charities).

I've just started training for this years event, and I hope to beat my previous time and total. It is on 26th March, so I don't have a lot of time. At least I float well so chances of drowning are slight

The charities are the National Childrens Homes (who get 80%) and the Swimathon Foundation (20%, funding local projects for children).

The third charity is up to you. I asked Dan's OK for this and he agreed: I suggested 50% of all pledges received on murc go to the server fund. Dan's idea is that you as sponsors have the option to split some to murc or not.

So, please sponsor me to help these three () worthwhile charities, and get a little fitter in the process.

Please PM me for details.

Thanks

Tony.
    FT.

Just thought I'd bump this up as it had dropped of the default display of 10 days worth

Maybe my pm box wasn't working? I'm sure at least one of you guys wants to support the children (and Murc if you so wish) and help me earn the title Less-Fat Tone in the process!

Come on guys - incentivise me. Please
    FT.

Comment

admins note, I am all for worthwhile charities, so split to murc is puerly optional. I am just as happy if Tony looses a few pounds, and the kids get some help.
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

email me on how to sign up
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          admins note, I am all for worthwhile charities, so split to murc is puerly optional. I am just as happy if Tony looses a few pounds, and the kids get some help.
          Yeah but Skinny Tone doesn't have as good of a ring to it.... and Toned Tone just sounds bad
          Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I'm good for a few bucks, I'll make a seperate donation to MURC as well.
            I'll PM you to make arrangements
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thanks guys

And don't worry, CM, there aren't enough oceans in the world for me to earn that title

If would-be sponsors would be kind enough to PM me their email address, the Swimathon system will then send you a unique sign-up address. Please only put the swimathon part of your sponsorship on there and make your murc donation through the usual channels (when I've done the swim of course!). If you are a UK resident, you can also enter your postcode and the charity receives an extra 28% through the government's Giftaid scheme.

Thanks again. Training is going ok so far. Tonights schedule is 60 lengths (1500m) in ~50 minutes. I need to get my speed up to beat last year.

Paddy - cheers mate, I'll get your link sent now

I suppose I'll need to collect sponsorhip via paypal for non-UKers (hope that's ok, let me know if there is a better alternative) or whatever method you prefer in the UK.
              FT.

Comment

Congrats on beating your previous mark!
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thanks Pat and thanks for the sponsorship

I beat last years time by just over a minute, so I'm quite pleased (especially as I had to pull more of me through the water than last year!).

If any others are still interested, they now have a system for accepting credit cards

T.
                  FT.

Comment

Well done Tony!
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                    X