Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh What a day.....

Well lets start with the bad news:

I get a call at home from my supervisor in FL, I don't answer it, then I proceed to get a call on my cell x2 from him and another at home. I called him back about 15 minutes after the call. I get a call and he asks me if I got the shirt he sent me, then says, I have some bad news...your position is being eliminated come the end of February. Needless to say I was in shock, since I've been working there for over 4 half years, but I wasn't upset (more on this later)...I say thanks for the info and he extents an offer to be a referance for me.

This really sucks after I think about it...I'm in the process of getting a new car and going to College, which my company was picking up about 80% of the cost of. Not to mention I have to worry about paying my mortage on my Condo and I'm not sure how good the Job Market is out there for IT.

Now for the good news, which strangly enough happened BEFORE this:

I say hello to Site Manager at the office (not my direct boss, but more or less in charge of everything there). He asks me, hey would you be interested in Xaviers Position? Xavier was an employee that "disappeared" this past August/September. He went on vacation and never came back and never answered any of the calls to see what was going on. I ask how much the position pays and all and he tells me (a nice big pay increase ) and the benefits, and I ask if they offer tuition reimbursement. He said they did, but needed to get more info for me. Then I tell him that my job requires me to not to leave the postion till a year after I complete my degree...but I was interested. I had no clue what was gonna happen in the afternoon, but its really werid that things might work out after all...
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

more then likely he knew already.
    Managers have a way of working around the bean counters. the bean counters are happy as they get to play with peoples lives, and make numbers move, the managers are happy, because they get to in reality keep their staff.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
      more then likely he knew already.
      Managers have a way of working around the bean counters. the bean counters are happy as they get to play with peoples lives, and make numbers move, the managers are happy, because they get to in reality keep their staff.

Yeah I had a feeling also...but the guys down the hallway from me are different contractors...

I'll just flat out ask him

Comment

Nice of you to let him sweat out having to tell you you're history, knowing full well you're getting a promotion instead.

Congrats.. hope all goes as well as it looks to.

Comment

good luck
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Nice, good luck!
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Good luck, and keep us updated!
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

GT I wish you all the luck I can possibly send your way. I've done the unemployeed thing. It isn't fun.
                Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Bonne Chance!
                  Titanium is the new bling!
                  (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well it looks like they definitely knew about it before they told me. I talked to the Site Rep (who is my real boss on site) and he told me that he was told yesterday morning. Basically what happened is the US Army was looking for funding to cut to help pay other bills and what they did happened to affect me.

As for the job down the hallway..things look really good. I pretty much told them I would take it, but the Site Manager (whos the boss for the guys down the hallway from me) told me to wait till Monday to make my choice. He called his Boss to find out if it was ok that I didn't have degree yet and he said that was fine and seemed really eager to get me aboard. The only downside is that new job doesn't cover as much as my other job did when it comes to my online schooling, so I might wind up getting a small student loan to cover what its not going too. I emailed my Consular at school about my situation and I'll see what he has to say. I'm also wondering if I'll get a severance package from my current job, but all I'm expecting is a kick out the door at this point in time.

If everything works out, I'll be much better off financially, which is always good

Comment

Good luck!
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Good luck
                        FT.

Comment

Well I got the paperwork filled out today for the new postion...hopefully get an offer by the end of the week

Comment

seriously hope you get this GT
                            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Those boobies look like they're high maintenance. I hope you get the pay hike you're expecting!
                              P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
                              X