Help needed from a kind US bloke/blokette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed from a kind US bloke/blokette

I have ordered 6 Proliant CPUs from ebay.
    Their shipping costs have escalated to a whopping 60USD !!!

US delivery is quoted as $18.50

I’m not sure how much international shipping is, but if it is possible to do it for less than $40, which I am sure it is, then can someone help me out.

I am prepared to pay $60USD considering the price I paid for the processors, but I can't help but feel that they have artificially inflated the price to cover their losses.

If someone is willing to accept the delivery and forward it on to the UK, I would of course reimburse your expenses (plus a little extra )

PM or reply here for more information.

Cheers,
    Paddy
    *edit: not sure which forum this belongs in. Mods feel free to move.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

If no one else does, I could help you out Paddy.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

cool. Anyone have any idea on shipping costs? I cant belive that it would be close to 40USD (after paying the $18.50)
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I can check, what city and how big/weight?
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Just did a quick check to see what it would cost from Canada -
          18.00 by surface (slow boat)
          43.00 small packet air
          56.00 2-3 days.
          all canadian funds.
          I would think 40.00 USD TOTAL would be about right.
          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

yikes! OK then. I guess it would be easier to pay the $60USD straight off then.
            Cheers guys!

Comment

I managed to get them to lower the shipping costs to $50USD, which on top of the $18 for the six 500/100/2048 cpus is a bargin .

Anyone want one???

Comment

Put the extras on ebay, charge an equally large amount for shipping, and recover your money.
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

You DEFINITELY don't want the surface mail or as aptly put above, "slow boat." Expect to wait and wait and wait and wait and.. well you get the idea. I ordered a book from a used bookseller in Norfolk (UK) somewhere and it took almost FOUR MONTHS to arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                    Put the extras on ebay, charge an equally large amount for shipping, and recover your money.
                    LOL

Cheers KvH, I'll avoid the slow boat.

Comment

Working...
                    X