X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting PC concept

Now this is interesting:

A concept PC called 'BookShelf':

I read more on it elsewhere: the concept allows for a CPU module, various graphic card modules (gaming, business, ...), various sound modules (multichannel, ...), various storage modules, ...

Just get the modules you need, stack them together, and you have your PC..

I do like the concept: it would allow for modularity (without opening the case)...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I've been talking about this sort of idea for years, but then I think a lot of people have. We're finally at a point where its feasible - bandwidth between components, etc.
    “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

That was done with hifi separates once. Only once though

The idea was to reduce all the spagetti by means of a multipole connector between each separate peice - folded down on the top item, lifted up on the others. Can't recall the make sadly.
      FT.

Comment

That does sound familiar. I had an old set that a universal cable connection between the components, so it didn't entirely eliminate the "spaghetti". Likewise, I don't recall what make or model it was, though it certainly wasn't anything expensive (I was 12 or so when I had it).
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Many mini and micro systems have flat cables between their components. I think Grundig at some point had some kind of IR connection between components. I know they had plastic "hoods" for the backs of their FineArts separates, hiding most of the cabling.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
          X