Is this G450 faulty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this G450 faulty?

I've put G450 PCI 16MB into my machine (even though I still have only one monitor) and while it worked perfectly fine for an hour or two, when I opened the case it was quite hot, definatelly much, much hotter than G400 in the same system (I couldn't touch radiator longer than for few/dozen seconds). Is this normal for G450 or is my card faulty?

PS. BTW, Doc will be happy to know this :
    Since it's G450 PCI - oficially only for Intel. It's working on ASRock K7S8X (SiS 746FX). And while I haven't determined whether features "only on Intel" work or not, I can say that the card with latest drivers can drive desktop in 1152x864@32bit without a glitch, and also output video (typical divx/xvid movie) at that res (without any unusually high CPU usage).
    PPS. But not everything is so nice, someone writing BIOS for the board mixed "init PCI first" and "init AGP first"

Nobody even has G450 anymore? (Is it a bit hot?)

Comment

Well.
      I did run got some 450 few days ago (16MB, DualHead with Analog & Digital output). & yes, it was very hot, more hot than my old G400 that was even overclocked in BIOS. So i think it's something normal.
      A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

OK, thanks, I should be fine in that case.

But it's...weird. G450 was made on 0,18um, not 0,25 like G400, and it was clocked comparably...so why so hot in comparison? Could the smaller radiator be so much less effective?

Comment

Working...
        X