Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation networking

Hello,

A friend of mine has recently purchased a Playstation 2 and has a number of questions regarding networking.
    1. Is it possible to connect 2 playstions directly for local network games?
    2. Is it possible to route the network connection of a PS2 via PC and internet, in order to get a connection like the first one, but with the playstations at different locations? How would this work?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

I am sure that you can connect both the PS2 and the XBOX to a LAN. I have seen 'server' software that will run on your PC and fool the console into thinking that it is connecting to a WAN.

Now if i could only remember what it is called....
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
      I am very curious about the PS2 network adapter too!

It even has an IDE connector... if you have an HDD and the Neo Infinity mod chip, I think you can even boot from HDD to save load time... *i think*
      booting what? Games and Apps yes, google for HDAdvance or HDLoader, definitely saves a lot of loading time and saves your dvd-rom too

R.
      "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

so youuare saying, you can copy games onto HDD and play them at your leasure?

Comment

Originally posted by GuchiGuh
          so youuare saying, you can copy games onto HDD and play them at your leasure?
          yup.

You could check Wikipedia for more infos: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_Loader

R.
          "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
          X