Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy: Athlon XP-M 2500

My Acer Ferrari laptop died

Looks like the supports for the HSF were badly soldered last time it was repaired and have broken, causing the CPU to cook and die.

Does anyone know where I might find one in the UK? Overclockers allegedly have stock coming in 1-3 days, but that is listed in their clearance section so I'm not sure I believe it.

TIA.
    FT.

There is one on ebay but second hand

Comment

Thanks Fluff, seems theres a few on eBay...I'd rather find a new one though.
      FT.

Comment

is a mobile semperon not compatible with your laptop?.. they still seem to be current products
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

i previously bought them from overclock.co.uk , and cpu city - both of which have discontinued them. Shame you did not break it before christmas because i put mine through ebay then, wouldn't have thought you should have any problems with an ebay one though, they are pretty sturdy little things so long as the core is not chipped, even if they have had the balls overclocked off them.
          is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
          Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I've got one.. but I'm using it now..

(see sig)

Comment

arg! good luck finding a replacement.
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

@Tjalfe - Good idea - will check. It'll need to have the exact same dimensions though.
                @borrat - overclock says 1-3 days for stock, but in the clearance section
                @KvH -
                @Paddy - indeed! Thanks.
                FT.

Comment

i mean www.overclock.co.uk, i think you are looking at www.overclockers.co.uk - but overclock have no stock at all that i can see - give overclockers a phone call, last time i phoned them they were very helpfull. Good luck!
                  is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
                  Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

I had to go to ebay in the end. Got one for £56.99 + £1.50p&p in the end - not bad if it works!
                    FT.

Comment

Is the repair job out of warranty yet?
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

yes, it has been a while.
                        FT.

Comment

Works in a known good mobo Hopefully will work in the Ferrari...
                          FT.

Comment

Working...
                          X