Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a PC gamepad?

Hi guys,
    I'm looking for a good gamepad for my PC. Something I can use for playing video games, mostly on emulators. I already have a joystick, but I want a controller with a thumbpad and whatnot.

USB preferred. Any suggestions?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Found one that looks like a ps2 controller

Xbox to PC converter cable!

Comment

Yes, I suggest buying PS2/Xbox controller (whichever you prefer) together with a USB converter - works flawless (PS1 Dual Shock) for me (it even has force feedback!)

Comment

Yeah, if I do that I'll probably buy from lik-sang.

A friend pointed me to retrousb.com, not too bad. They rewire the old controllers to USB. And I mean old. Intellivision through SNES and NeoGeo.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

M$ came out with a PC version of their controller for the 360. It's a really good controller. I suggest you check it out.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

OOhh! I'll have to get one of those XBOX to PC converters! nice!!
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
              M$ came out with a PC version of their controller for the 360. It's a really good controller. I suggest you check it out.

Far as I know they never came out with a specifially branded PC verison of the Xbox360 controller. You can take the wired Xbox 360 controller and use it with your PC. I tried it with Need For Speed: Most Wanted and chucked the thing across the room since the control with it was just about non-exisitant. Wait for better drivers...also no rumble/force feedback...at least with that game.
              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I picked up a couple of logitech PS2 style controllers the other day from Best Buy, work very well (even played NFS:MW with it at my friends house, worked very well - we had just finished beating XMenLegends2 with them)
                They were on sale, got them for 15 bucks each at Best Buy
                Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                  Yeah, if I do that I'll probably buy from lik-sang.

A friend pointed me to retrousb.com, not too bad. They rewire the old controllers to USB. And I mean old. Intellivision through SNES and NeoGeo.
                  And BTW, I guess (remember) that you can do your own converter, connected using gameport/paraller port. AFAIK they're a bit more reliable when it comes to force feedback and drivers are quite good/mature.

Comment

Logitech Rumblepad 2 Cordless is what I use, and I'm perfectly satisfied. PS lookalike if not a blatant copy.

Comment

Apparently new option is...Xbox360 controller. It even has normal USB, and MS provides drivers (but they use some new standard for force feedback...but there are 3rd party, opensource drivers which provide both)

Comment

Working...
                      X