DVD-RW drive buying time - which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD-RW drive buying time - which one?

I finally have a bit money, and since burning things on DVD-R's will end up in my case much cheaper just in 3 or 4 months...yep, I'm buying DVD-RW drive.
    But...which one?
    Obviously most important is durability of it and how well it will burn DVDs available here (I think I will be able to afford TDK or Verbatim without any problems, sometimes it will be cheaper Dysan, occasionally cheap (but not cheapest) Esperanza or Platinum; + and - are equally priced, perhaps + a bit cheaper, so it will be preferred...)
    To be short, I'm buying it from shop below:
    http://sklep.komputronik.pl/katalog.php?kat=176 (intrerface is somehow in PL...but it's self explaining in reality), so I'll choose from these drives.
    I seem to remember NEC was the best cheap choice? Is it still? Or was it BenQ?
    Last edited by Nowhere; 7 January 2006, 13:44.

Pioneer DVR-110D
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Just brought 4 Pioneer dvr-110dbk for a recording/burning rig.

Breezer
      Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Plextor if you can afford.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I vote for Plextor
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Me too.. Plextor has always been a superior product in my experience. I've owned 5 of them.

Comment

I vote for Pioneer.
              Simply can't justify the price difference between Plextor and a Pioneer drive.

Comment

My NEC is great.

I won't buy Plextor anymore. They had a long long history of quality from their SCSI drives. It lasted through much of their IDE days, but then they started trading on their name and sacrificing quality. I don't trust them to do DVD the right way.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Oh yeah, forgot to tell the price range - basically it's the "typical drive" price, around 200zl max (which means ~50€), so yes, the Plextor is way too expensive (I'd have to spend all money I have right now... :/ )
                  So...mostly votes for this Pioneer ? (mhmm...on the cheap side, /me likes; BTW, there's a bit more expensive version with DVD-RAM capabilities - worthless thing?)

Comment

Against all odds, I'm for BENQ

Comment

I have no complains on my LG. It burns perfect DVD+R at 16x. Still the only one to read and write every DVD standard on the market

Comment

I just got an NEC. They're great for the money.

Comment

the NEC is a solid drive, friend got one a few months ago, uses it a lot, no complaints
                          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno
                            I have no complains on my LG. It burns perfect DVD+R at 16x. Still the only one to read and write every DVD standard on the market
                            Yup. Love mine

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Oh my, now it has become messy

I guess I'll choose the one in which I like the front panel most

Comment

Working...
                              X