No announcement yet.

I bought myself a Christmas present :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought myself a Christmas present :)

Pod XT Live

Line 6 PODxt Live Features:

• Over 80 Stompbox and Studio Effects
    • 36 Legendary and Classic Amp Models
    • 24 Cab & 4 Mic models
    • 128 Channel Memories
    • Stereo 1/4-inch analog Amp/Line Outs
    • Variax Digital Input
    • Routing Options
    • Deep Editing
    • Built-in Chromatic Tuner
    • Large Backlit Display
    • Dedicated Stompbox On/Off Switches
    • Combination Wah/Volume/Tweak Pedal
    • Tap Tempo/Tuner Switch
    • Expression Pedal Input
    • Headphone Out
    • Aux Input for CD/MP3 players, drum machines, etc.
    • Full MIDI Support
    • USB Digital Recording I/O - Plus, Mac/PC editing with free Line 6 Edit or GuitarPort software
    It feels good to be playing my guitar a lot again. I figured there must have been a ton of things happening electronically in the guitar world since I last paid attention. I was right, this thing is amazing! For $350 you get the equivilant of $20k+ of equipment, maybe more.

I guess amp modeling is the latest and greatest thing to do. That is when you digitally model an amp to sound exactly like the real thing. That's what this thing does. It sounds suprisingly good. Anybody else play guitar?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I wanted to learn it, because it is almost as beautiful as piano (which I still want to learn), but slightly more portable Never really started any lessons though

I think line 6 specialize in amp modeling.
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
      Anybody else play guitar?
      Yes, but not very well

I've got a friend who's amazing, I never know whether to congratulate him or hit him
      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Anybody else play guitar?
        I wanted to learn it (bought a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and Park/Marshall amplifier). After having it for a short while (and after learning a few accords), juvenile artritis in my fingers made it too painful to continue .

But I still have the gear (somehow, I don't have the heart to sell it).

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I had a work colleague, when I was with Kudelski (the Nagra guy for those into pro audio), who studied the classical guitar as a pupil of Segovia. Very talented guy (Vietnamian) who played about a dozen instruments. The only guy I knew who not only had perfect pitch but could give you the frequency of a tone to ±1 Hz.
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Pod XT Live

Line 6 PODxt Live Features:

• Over 80 Stompbox and Studio Effects
            • 36 Legendary and Classic Amp Models
            • 24 Cab & 4 Mic models
            • 128 Channel Memories
            • Stereo 1/4-inch analog Amp/Line Outs
            • Variax Digital Input
            • Routing Options
            • Deep Editing
            • Built-in Chromatic Tuner
            • Large Backlit Display
            • Dedicated Stompbox On/Off Switches
            • Combination Wah/Volume/Tweak Pedal
            • Tap Tempo/Tuner Switch
            • Expression Pedal Input
            • Headphone Out
            • Aux Input for CD/MP3 players, drum machines, etc.
            • Full MIDI Support
            • USB Digital Recording I/O - Plus, Mac/PC editing with free Line 6 Edit or GuitarPort software
            It feels good to be playing my guitar a lot again. I figured there must have been a ton of things happening electronically in the guitar world since I last paid attention. I was right, this thing is amazing! For $350 you get the equivilant of $20k+ of equipment, maybe more.

I guess amp modeling is the latest and greatest thing to do. That is when you digitally model an amp to sound exactly like the real thing. That's what this thing does. It sounds suprisingly good. Anybody else play guitar?

I play pretty good guitar, treated myself to a les paul style made by indie guitars for christmas - best money i've spent in a long while. Do you plug this thing straight into the computer, or can you use it as a glorified effects pedal and wack it into an amp?
            What type of thing do you play? I'm into good old fasioned rock and roll - beatles, kinks, stones, oasis and spingsteen. All absolute masters of a good tune. Have been long trying to play some gun's n roses but slash's solo's are off the planet, can just pull off 'sweet child o mine'. If your into rock and roll then you should definately give oasis a good listening to, don't think they took off that well in the states - mainly cos the lead singer is an utter d**k but lyrically some of their stuff is pretty soul numbing. I'm sure they've had a few of their more emotional tracks played on 'the O.C' and 'smallville'. Best ones to pick if you want a quick intro to them would be and of 'she's electric' , ' talk tonight' , 'wonderwall', 'don't look back in anger' , 'live forever' , 'champagne supernova' and for a bit of proper up beat rock try 'cigarettes and alcohol' and 'supersonic' .

btw, dont know what that thing sounds like but it looks like one hell of a peice of kit.
            is a flower best picked in it's prime or greater withered away by time?
            Talk about a dream, try to make it real.

Comment

Originally posted by az
              I wanted to learn it, because it is almost as beautiful as piano (which I still want to learn), but slightly more portable Never really started any lessons though

I think line 6 specialize in amp modeling.

Yes, Line 6 does specialize in amp modeling. I think they invented it??? Not sure though.
              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                Yes, but not very well

I've got a friend who's amazing, I never know whether to congratulate him or hit him
                I have lots of friends like that. My buddy is an amazing drummer. He's more pateient with me than he shoule be.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
                  I wanted to learn it (bought a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and Park/Marshall amplifier). After having it for a short while (and after learning a few accords), juvenile artritis in my fingers made it too painful to continue .

But I still have the gear (somehow, I don't have the heart to sell it).

Jörg

I'll tell you, the internet makes learning so much easier. You can even search for video lessons and find all kinds of stuff. I've been more inspired just with the sheer amount of info I can access on line.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
                    I had a work colleague, when I was with Kudelski (the Nagra guy for those into pro audio), who studied the classical guitar as a pupil of Segovia. Very talented guy (Vietnamian) who played about a dozen instruments. The only guy I knew who not only had perfect pitch but could give you the frequency of a tone to ±1 Hz.
                    Impressive. I only recently learned about frequency of a tone when I bought this Pod. It has a built in chromatic tuner that tells you the frequency as well as the note.

Comment

Originally posted by borat
                      I play pretty good guitar, treated myself to a les paul style made by indie guitars for christmas - best money i've spent in a long while. Do you plug this thing straight into the computer, or can you use it as a glorified effects pedal and wack it into an amp?
                      What type of thing do you play? I'm into good old fasioned rock and roll - beatles, kinks, stones, oasis and spingsteen. All absolute masters of a good tune. Have been long trying to play some gun's n roses but slash's solo's are off the planet, can just pull off 'sweet child o mine'. If your into rock and roll then you should definately give oasis a good listening to, don't think they took off that well in the states - mainly cos the lead singer is an utter d**k but lyrically some of their stuff is pretty soul numbing. I'm sure they've had a few of their more emotional tracks played on 'the O.C' and 'smallville'. Best ones to pick if you want a quick intro to them would be and of 'she's electric' , ' talk tonight' , 'wonderwall', 'don't look back in anger' , 'live forever' , 'champagne supernova' and for a bit of proper up beat rock try 'cigarettes and alcohol' and 'supersonic' .

btw, dont know what that thing sounds like but it looks like one hell of a peice of kit.
                      Yes, you can plug into a computer, amp, PA system, rack, whatever you want really. I've tested it with my amp and computer. It's funny, you really find the limitation of the onboard sound of your computer and how crappy the quality really is. I have a realtek 850 and it sucks! When I get some more money, I'll start looking into better sound cards.

And yes, I play mostly metal, hardcore, punk, stuff like that. I do love playing anything though. I'm not very good at soloing yet. I've been playing atleast an hour/day for the last 6 months and ever since I got this Pod, I've been playing 4+ hours/day. Yes, I've heard the stuff from the TV shows, but not much else. I'll have to check them out.

BTW, go here: http://line6.com/podxtlive/sounds.html to listen to what this thing does. It's like having an amp/stomp box/effects peddle museam in your home. Plus a bunch of newer amps/peddles/stomp boxes as well. It comes with some pretty decent software. It overly simplified but I like that about it. Nothing to think about, just start playing and having fun.

You can also download other tones that other people have made. The combinations of effects, tones, amps, cabinets, mics, is immense. I'm blown away with this product. I can honestly say that I think this device is under priced.

Comment

Looks pretty cool, as does their Variax guitar
                        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                          Looks pretty cool, as does their Variax guitar
                          Yeah, I guess the guitar has the ability to model different pick-ups! They have really taken it to the next level.

Comment

I've played for about 8 years.

I have: Ibanez RG370 guitar, Ibanez SR600 bass, Marshall MG412A (piece of crap for a 4x12, but a 4x12 nonetheless), Crate head (can't remember model off hand - G120DFX or something like that) 120W, Yorkville 400B 400W 1x15" Bass Combo, as well as some really old crap I won't bother mentioning.

I'm really starting to find that the genres that the Ibanez' sound good are very limited, looking at getting this http://www.samedaymusic.com/product-...EB/view--Ebony (Gibson SG Special) - really want a Les Paul, but they are like twice as much it (might be even more than that actually).
                            Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                            Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                            X