Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth mouse

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why a bluetooth mouse is so hard to find?

I found the Logitech V270, but it doesn't show on the Logitech website (end of life perhaps?). I also found a Microsoft mouse, but it costs nearly triple that of a wireless mouse that isn't bluetooth.

I mean, if you have a notebook with built in bluetooth, why bother with a dongle for a wireless mouse?

Any other suggestions for bluetooth mice?
    (if it has a bluetooth transmitter with it, it would also be ok: I could use the transmitter on another computer)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Anycom BTM-100
    Logitech MX900
    Kensington Pilot Bluetooth Mini
    Higoto BT510
    Trust MI-5300m
    Trust MI-5500X
    MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer Bluetooth (it's expensive, but you can find it on the net for <40 EUR)
    Zspire Bluetooth mouse (design! very expensive)
    "General Keys" Bluetooth Mouse (german)
    Epox Presenter BT-PM01B (not really a mouse, but can control the pointer)
    Think Outside Stowaway Travel Mouse (also acts as a mouse for PDAs)
    Sony VGP-BMS30 (design! expensive)
    NGS Snake
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Weird:
      On the US Kensington site, there are a number of bluetooth mice; they are not on the Belgian site.
      The Logitech MX900 is not listed on the Belgian Logitech site.
      I found the Microsoft mouse, but at >60 Euro.

Thanks!

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

Im using a Logitech MX900 bluetooth mouse, and its a nice bit of hardware. If your laptop is actually used as a portable (rather than a desktop replacement) I wouldnt worry about bluetooth too much.

My laptop is a desktop replacement, and I use it for everything at home. When doing normal surfing, coding, email stuff the batteries on the mouse last about 2-3 days. If I play Quake4 or whatever then they last about 8 hours. The keyboard doesnt seem to care too much what I do, and lasts a month or two no mater what.

I actually own the Logitech cordless elite desktop which comes with a mouse charger thingee which is also the bluetooth hub, and its pretty good. The hub is handy as you can have your mobile paired to backup stuff while still having the keyboard and mouse working. Using a cheap USB bluetooth adapter I could only have one device paired at a time (the mouse usually).

Ali

Comment

Wow! Take a look at this one: http://www.newtonperipherals.com/Mogo_Products.htm

A BT mouse that fits into your PC-Card slot for storage and recharge.
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The concept is very interesting, but it seems really weird to hold in your hand...
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I also read about it. Nice concept!
              (but the laptop I'm going for has no PC-Card interface)

Jörg
              pixar

Comment

Originally posted by Ali
                If your laptop is actually used as a portable (rather than a desktop replacement) I wouldnt worry about bluetooth too much.
                The laptop is for mobile use (subnote weighing less than 1 kg) and has internal bluetooth (which I really want to have it communicate with my mobile and wirelessly with my desktop - while slow it can be convenient)

Jörg
                pixar

Comment

Working...
                X