multi-player games recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multi-player games recommendation?

My girlfriend and I would like to try some video game playing. Are there good multiplayer games for fun (no FPS)?

That's a little unspecific. What platform? What kind of game? MMORPG? Hot Seat? LAN? Internet? Play by mail?
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Windows 98/XP, LAN, only two players are present. I'm thinking about RPG (we only tried Diablo before). I know also Warcraft as nice multiplayer game. Strategy games are nice for single player. But for two? Actually, what kind of games (except FPS) don't really matter. They must be fun to play. Never tried Worms in network.

Comment

I find that the Adventure games are a great two person endevor. Basically this is good because you can solve the puzzles together, it has a board game team feel but with a story. I have a lot of female friends that HATE gaming but LOVED Grim Fandago. In a similar vein I'd recommen: The Longest Journey, Siberia 1 & 2 and any of the Monkey Island games.
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Warcraft 3 or Starcraft against computer players (or each other) can be nice. World of Warcraft is great as long as you keep it casual, but it costs a monthly fee for both of you. You don't know Jack is a fun and funny quiz game for parties (around one computer). If you liked Diablo, you might try Diablo II (I can sell you my used but legitimate copy for ~5 EUR).

Comment

Dungeon siege? Baldour's gate..?
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
              Dungeon siege? Baldour's gate..?
              I thought Baldour's gate were a single-player game... Does't it really make fun for two because of those many of quests?

Comment

I always find ReVolt to be very entertaining...
                (it is by Acclaim; you race remote control cars, but there are some powerups to be found: bottle rockets, oil slick, bomb, ...)
                The controls are so easy, you can start playing immediatly; the game is a couple of years old (but still has nice graphics), so it will run smooth on current systems.
                (Wacky Wheels is more or less the same concept as ReVolt: race with powerups, but not as nice graphics and not as nice to play IMO)

I can imagine Worms to be fun as well.

Armagetron is a free Tron Lightcycle clone with nice additions (i.e. accelerate speed gain when you drive close to a wall), one can spend suprisingly lots of time with it.

LodeRunner is also an everproviding fun game (I can really recommend "The Legend Returns"), multiplayer is on a single computer.

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Originally posted by az
                  Warcraft 3 or Starcraft against computer players (or each other) can be nice. World of Warcraft is great as long as you keep it casual, but it costs a monthly fee for both of you. You don't know Jack is a fun and funny quiz game for parties (around one computer). If you liked Diablo, you might try Diablo II (I can sell you my used but legitimate copy for ~5 EUR).
                  My girlfriend's laptop is too slow for Diablo II. Besides I still enjoy Dialbo I more than II.

Comment

How could I forget worms? Worms Armageddon or Worms World Party would be my picks, if your GF's laptop can't run these, try the old school Worms (or Worms Unlimited, which is the same game, basically).

And yes, Diablo 1 had much better atmosphere than 2.

http://www.the-underdogs.org is a website about abandonware and games that never saw as much sales as they would have deserved. You can download many of the games they present there (hundreds of games, sorted, rated, and reviewed!).

Comment

Originally posted by chaoliang
                      I thought Baldour's gate were a single-player game... Does't it really make fun for two because of those many of quests?
                      Brilliant with two or more people, played through both 1 and 2 with friends, you just need to be in the same map square.

Comment

Liquid War and Frozen Bubble

Comment

Originally posted by chaoliang
                          My girlfriend and I would like to try some video game playing. Are there good multiplayer games for fun (no FPS)?
                          Diablo II. It has been rated one of the most "female friendly" games. If she can handle the gore...
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                            Brilliant with two or more people, played through both 1 and 2 with friends, you just need to be in the same map square.
                            OK. And what about NeverWinter Nights?

Comment

How about Guild Wars? Online only. No monthly fee. Can be played by 2 players + henches. Or you can try going with PUGS. Not sure if your GF's laptop can run Guild Wars. As for NWN, I only played it on single player mode, so I have no comment.
                              Last edited by RC Agent; 29 December 2005, 17:01.
                              RC Agent
                              AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                              AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                              AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Working...
                              X