Question about the Parhelia APVe in Device Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Parhelia APVe in Device Manager

Hello, I have a question about APVe and hope the owner kindly help me by checking the Device Manager.

I am a dual-monitor user and care about the color accuracy, thus I make the ICC Profile to describe the characteristic information by colorimeter. Recent years, I have used G400, G550, P650, and Parhelia, and found I can't set two independent ICC Profile in WinXP, i.e. two monitors have to share the same Profile. Therefore in Photoshop, I can not get consistent color presentation on my monitors.

Last Month I found since the driver of ATi 9800 Pro and FireMV considers the two output as two independent device. That means there is a "secondary card" in the Device Manager. Consequently, I can assign two different ICC Profiles to each monitor and in Photoshop the color on the monitors perfectly matches.

However, those product of Matrox I used only show one device in the Device Manager, and I guess that is the reason why only one Profile could be assigned.

I wonder whether the situation of one device appearance changes on new product like Parhelia APVe. Could some owner please help me?
    Last edited by LukeLo; 24 December 2005, 06:52.

I'm using a P650 and have two cards listed under device manager, the same should go for the P750 and Parhelia. The reason you only have one may be down to how you installed the drivers, it should have prompted you if you wanted to enable independent displays, having this on gives you two devices whereas saying no gives you only one. This is all from memory so hopefully someone else can confirm whether that's the case
    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion.

I reinstalled the driver on my P650 and checked the option in "Override PowerDesk Settings" to enable independent mode, but there is still one device named "Matrox Millennium P650" listed under Device Manager. Did I miss something?

The driver version is 1.10.01.002 HF, which is the newest on the matrox web. My OS is WinXP Pro. with SP2.

Comment

I have a P650 PCI in my home computer and a Parhelia 128MB AGP in my work machine.

Both are driving two monitors.

Device manager only lists one device for each card.

This might be an issue that you have to post in the Matrox tech support forums to get an official answer/workaround.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
        X