Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSPro8 Hot Fix, MPEG-3 and 3GP patches up

Hot off the presses. This is NOT SP1.....just a hot fix patch;

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

MSPro 8 Hot Fix;

Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8 Hot Fix (Release Date: 2006/12/23)

NOTES:

Hot Fix is for use ONLY with the full version of Ulead® MediaStudio Pro 8

This Hot Fix can not be uninstalled

Hot Fix items

DVD MovieFactory 4 will not have to be re-installed after MediaStudio Pro 8 installation

In addition to SmartSound® Music CD, Auto Music now also supports SmartSound® Sound Palette CD

New Auto Music button image to synchronize with SmartSound® logo

Added the Product auto update feature. Now, you can launch AutoUpdate in MediaStudio Pro 8 program group. It will go online to check if any updater is available and then provides the option to download or not. No personal information will be sent out in AutoUpdate, only the necessary product information to check the updater

Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8 MPEG4 iPod Update Pack (Release Date: 2006/12/23)

NOTES:

Update pack is for use ONLY with the full version of Ulead® MediaStudio Pro 8 with MPEG4 Plug-in

This Update Pack can not be uninstalled

What's New

Add Apple® iPod® and SONY® PSP™ templates

Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8 3GP Plug-in Update Pack (Release Date: 2006/12/23)

NOTES:

Update pack is for use ONLY with the full version of Ulead® MediaStudio Pro 8 with 3GP Plug-in

This Update Pack can not be uninstalled

What's New

Add new dimension support for 3GP file
    Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 December 2005, 04:33.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

How much is the MSP8.0 update from MSP6.5? I went to the Ulead web sight and it offered to let me buy it if I'd type in my serial number, but it never told me the price. Didn't have my serial number handy at the time.

I've been using MSP6.5 and VegasVideo3, but I'm only going to upgrade one when I upgrade my computer after the Holidays. Price and freedom from activation issues are two of my main concerns right now. After the Sony/BMG "rootkit" debacle with audio CDs, Sony software is starting with two strikes against it right now. Switch to Mac is not out of the question if I can wait long enough for the Intel based Macs.

--wally.

Comment

First something about the hotfix patches;

Ulead messed up the filenames for two of the patches

MSPro 8 w/NO plugins is actually MSP8_ESD_HF_3in1_8.00.0033.exe

The MPEG4 3-in-1 patch is actually named MSP8_ESD_PowerPack_E_Patch_E.exe.

That out of the way;

The upgrade prices are on this page;

Turn your life’s best moments into stunning movies with Corel VideoStudio! Get creative with drag-and-drop stylish templates, artistic filters, titles, transitions, and the whole palette of advanced editing tools. Get your FREE trial.

Looks like the upgrade from MSP6.5 English would be $249.99

At the time of upgrade you also have the option of getting a discount on VideoGraphicsLab for $29.99. Yup, this is where Video Paint and CG Infinity have beem moved to. IMO the main idea was to separate them out so they'd have their own dev budget. Otherwise it's too hard to get the bean counters to upgrade them.

The difference between MSP 6.5 and MSP 8 is light years, almost literally. Lots of things are familiar, but in terms of overall power it's night and day. The titler is very cool now plus it can use multiple timelines, virtual clips, single track (no Va/Vb/Bx tracks, you can apply transitions just by dragging one clip over another), the Smart Compositor etc. etc. etc. etc. It took a bit of getting used to of course, but I'd never go back.

If you want to talk more about specifics send me a PM

Editing on a Mac almost requires Final Cut Pro (read: $$$$).

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 December 2005, 10:19.
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Many thanks, but the ulead store link is the page I found and I don't see prices on it anywhere other than the $29.95 discounted VG Lab offer and the "save $395" on MSP & DVD Workshop.

The DV only version of Final Cut would be fine for me, this is much cheaper.

Comment

Maybe they fell into a bubble outside the quantum vacuum and time traveled a few months ahead to do the coding

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
          X