Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another school district stepping in it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another school district stepping in it....

So this kid, a football player and of Scottish heritage, wants to wear a traditional kilt to a school dance. Of course the principal makes an arse of himself while telling the kid to change into pants;

Warmack alleges McClard told him: "Well, this is my dance, and I'm not going to have students coming into it looking like clowns." McClard later said he had no recollection of saying that, Warmack's dad said. The principal did not return phone calls seeking comment.

The school district's superintendent, Ron Anderson, said McClard has the authority under the district's dress code policy to judge appropriate dress for extracurricular activities, including dances.

"It's mainly to protect from the possibility of a disruption or something that could be viewed as a disruption," Anderson said.

Several Scottish heritage organizations are angry, saying the kilt is a symbol of Scottish pride and considered formal dress.

"To say the traditional Scottish dress makes you look like a clown is a direct insult to people of Scottish heritage and those who live in Scotland," said Tom Wilson, a Texas commissioner for the Clan Gunn Society of North American, a Scottish heritage organization.

Another Clan Gunn member, Beth Gardner, started an online petition seeking an apology for Warmack. It questions in part the notion that the kilt was a distraction.

"From what? From the intense concentration it takes to dance?"

When will these districts ever learn about this kind of thing? Other districts here in the US have banned the colors red and blue (cookies, cookie sheets, xmas decorations and otherwise) over the holidays in the mistaken idea that they somehow "force religion" on the other kids.

PC run amok.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 December 2005, 12:51.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I don't think the kilt thing is a case of PC. More like the principal is an ass. Or maybe the kid did the traditional thing and didn't wear any underwear!
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Doubt the latter, and a lot of PC also fits in with people being a$$e$.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I find PC people offensive and insist they be removed at once!

Comment

Hey, but isn't multiculturalism killing our societies, so they should wear pants?

Comment

Multiculturism is just fine as long as it isn't used to exclude some and allow others. Witness the Christmas controversy in the US at the moment.

Some have taken the Bill of Rights idea of separation of church and state to mean no religion in the public square. The Supreme Court has not ruled this to be the case, but you still have schools etc. banning Christian displays as if it had while allowing those of other faiths. Some even ban those red and green cookies mentioned above

In point of fact the founders wanted to guarantee that ALL religions would have access to the public sqare, not to exclude them or any one of them. Just read James Madison sometime. He wrote the Bill of Rights. This train of thought goes back to why people came here to start with: they were largely people who were victims of religions persecution who could not practice their faith either in private or public in Europe.

IMO PC'ers are people who need a foil of some kind and for some Christians, due to them being mocked so much in the media for 30 years, are a convenient target. Others target smokers while others go after other groups and others hate everyone.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What next, schools banning bag pipes because they disagree with the droning and wailing sounds?
              Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 22 December 2005, 22:44.

Comment

Come to Canada, here they let you wear turbans in the RCMP and cerimonial daggers to school

But at least they let women run around topless
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

GO CANADA!

Speaking of Canada - it's almost world junior hockey championship time again!

There are 3 guys on the team that I played with or against at one time or another - Cam Barker, Dustin Boyd, and Kyle Chipchura - so I am VERY excited to see what they can do, and if they can come anywhere close to last year's juggernaught.

Also, the Canadian Men's/Women's Olympic hockey teams have been named - Men's team looks like a lock to win as long as their goaltending holds up.

Little off topic - but I'm feeling patriotic after gt40's comment
                  Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                  Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'm still waiting for womens topless hockey

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

don't think that will happen - someone could lose an eye if it's cold enough
                      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Ok then; naked womens roller hockey;l

NOT WORK SAFE:

I highly recommend at least two rinks for every neighborhood

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 December 2005, 20:35.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

If that were real, how long before they are scarred and bruised beyond lustability? I think nude pillowfights, however, are a great idea.

Comment

you can try files 1_head thru 20_head in Docs links for some other nude sports

Comment

Working...
                            X