RT2000 + PRE6 + WIN2000 - VERY STRANGE PROBLEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 + PRE6 + WIN2000 - VERY STRANGE PROBLEM

Everything work really nice and perfect but suddenly...i reopen premiere 6 and it does't want to start. It crash saing that "premiere.exe has generated an error" right after selecting the project setting.

Now... this problem happend to me different times; the only way i have found to fix it is to reinstall windows 2000 on top of otself or with a clean install (reformatting c drive).

When premeire start to refuse to be open, there is no way to fix it (except reinstalling windows); i tried to deinstall premiere or matrox tools but no luck.

I Have done a really clean install with all the latest driver of everything and infact the sistem work really well for about a week or two.

The first time happend i thought i had create some problem installing some new software that may have created some king of conflict but ... now i'm understanding that the problem occur almost randomply. Everything work fine then the next day (or after 2-3 days) premiere die apparently without doing anything.

Why ??? this problem is really drive me crazy.... i had it 4 times and i had to reinstall windows 2000 4 times to fix it.

i really need a serious fix....

please HELP !!!!

thanks Massimo

My system

MATROX RT2000 - VIDEO TOOLS 3 FINAL
    PREMIERE 6 - PTF 1
    ABIT KA7100 LATEST 4 IN 1 DRIVER (4.29)
    WINDOWS 2000 PTF1

ps: excuse my funny english

Hi,

This could be due to..

1- an IRQ conflict with the RT2000 board.
    2- The Motherboard does not support ACPI and you installed Win2K to support it.

3-It could be a setting in the bios, though I'm not familier with the K7 but maybe there's something that is conflicting.

I suggest you do the following, check the IRQ under device manager, see if there are conflicts.

I would say, uninstall Premiere 6.0, uninstall MVT 3.0, then shut down, put the RT2000 in a different slot, boot back into Win2K, it'll detect everything from scratch, go ahead and when Win2K asks to reboot, do so.

Then install Premiere, and after that install MVT 3.0.

If the same thing happens, try reinstalling win2K but without ACPI (That's if Win2K is already installed using ACPI)

You can install Win2K without ACPI like so...

When you first run the setup, a blue screen comes up, and then at the bottom it says "Hit F6 to install any third party SCSI or IDE hardware" INSTEAD you hit F5, choose "Standard PC" from the menu, and continue the installation.

See what happens and let me know.

Good Luck,
    Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 10 May 2001).]

Comment

Just finished installing everithing again...no problem so far.
      But i hope this is not going to happen again.
      I installed windows with ACPI off.. hoping that will make a difference.

DR Mordrid Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Max

Comment

UPDATE

after i finish to install windows 2000 and all the driver, my system was working very good again...

i reboot my pc about 10 times and everytime opening premiere and testing the system...

suddenly after rebooting, windows (at the boot) ask me to install again rt2000 driver (why ??? i did not touch it !!! so i installit again ) and then "boom" premiere started crashing again.

WHY ???

please help !!!!

[This message has been edited by maximo4usaRT (edited 10 May 2001).]

Comment

Ok....answer these;

1. when installing Win2K did you also install Win2K's Service Pack 1?

2. after turning off ACPI in the BIOS did you configure your system to "Standard PC" during the Win2K installation (F5 on the first blue screen)?

3. I'd check the slot recommendations for your board, if any, on the RT-2000 support site.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

1. when installing Win2K did you also install Win2K's Service Pack 1?

yes i did + i also installed microsoft hotfix to enable ide 100

2. after turning off ACPI in the BIOS did you configure your system to "Standard PC" during the Win2K installation (F5 on the first blue screen)?

yes i did

3. I'd check the slot recommendations for your board, if any, on the RT-2000 support site.

i have rt2000 card right after AGP slot (i also tried in the next one)

Comment

Well it looks like something wack is going on with your PC, never heard of a problem like that before.
              I strongly suggest that you post this problem on the official Matrox RT2000 forum to get some support from them or other Abit users who have simialer setups.
              The URL is here..
              http://forum.matrox.com/cgi-bin/rt2000/Ultimate.cgi

Meanwhile, back at the bat cave, I'll be thinking up some reasons why this is happening.

Cheers,
              Elie

[This message has been edited by Elie (edited 10 May 2001).]

Comment

UPDATE

I talked today with matrox support center on the phone.

The only things came out (that i may have done wrong in the installation) is the fact that i have installed the driver 4 in 1 before installing windows 2000 ptf 1 ; all the rest seams to be correct.

Now...i decided to format again and reinstall everything from scrach following the suggestion i got from them.Since i was told that if the problem persist they could assist me on the phone.

I'm pretty confident that is going to work; but not scure if is going to n resist for more than 3 reboot :-) . Is't that weard ???

wow never had a problem like that.

Anyway what exactly am i doing diffent from a regular installation and pressing F5 and choosing "standard PC" at the blue screen ?? That's what i did in my last try... but ?? what is the difference from a regular installation of win2k ?

Thanks for your support...

Massimo

Comment

update

HEY guys ... I really need some clue !!!

This time after I had finish to install windows 2000 and all the other stuff, I worked all day no problem (I rebooted about 2 times). Now just come back from baseball game, turn on my pc and ... here we go... windows founded a new hardware (rt2000) and asked me if I want to install the driver again and the circle started again....
                  I'm almost at the point to threw my pc out of the windows :-)...

This time i was able to fix it by deinstalling matroxtools and install it again.... but is this a life ???

please help !!

Max

[This message has been edited by maximo4usaRT (edited 12 May 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                  X