How to capture streaming video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to capture streaming video?

I see a bunch of programs that you can pay to get the job done, any good free apps? If not, then I'm gonna output the entire window to my input on my videocapture card. See if that works. Actualy, now that I think about it, it will probably look like crap since the input is RCA.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I have seen a program that will capture a target window on the desktop... I have used it to capture MSN streaming video in the past... let me check
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

sorry can't find it... google reveals lots of tools though
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

If the video is WMV this sometimes works;

When the default player appears right-click over it and select Properties from the context menu. On the properties sheet you'll sometimes see a direct link URL to the video clip. Drag-select this, copy the text, paste it into IE and hit enter. If you're lucky a direct download will start.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I downloaded a program called "Hidownload". This almost worked, but didn't quite get the hidden url. The same company makes a program called "URL Helper". This is essentially a sniffer program designed to show you any URL that it finds. Once I started that up, it found the hidden link and I was able to directly download the file from there. Pretty slick program actually. Now I know I just need to start my sniffer capture to look for the hidden URLs
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

cool - got a link?

Comment

Sure:http://www.streamingstar.org/

It's shareware though, which means you have 30 days to use it.

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

This http://www.xi-soft.com/default.htm is a well recommended streaming capture proggie.
                  FT.

Comment

Or ty newest flashget.Those 2 progs look like they are the same btw.
                    ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Working...
                    X