Google mkt. cap. is ~= Chevron, IBM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google mkt. cap. is ~= Chevron, IBM

at around $126 BILLION USD. IBM = $130.5bn and Chevron = $127.8bn.

Wow.....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 December 2005, 14:10.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I guess lots of investors expect Google to grow into the next MS. I don't think they're far off with that assumption...

Comment

It won't always be that high. Only a few companies have held that spot and most for not very long. I can think of MS, Cisco and GE. I'm not sure who else.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Depends on if their long-term strategy works or not. They've been buying up a lot of infrastructure companies for the last year or so, including 'net over power lines etc. They also expect to provide a Windows-less operating environment for basic systems. Microsoft is not pleased.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yeah they have done well, they have actually managed to transition from a pure dot com to a company with actual tangible resources's, a couple years ago they could have evaporated if someone made a better search engine.

Comment

Oh boy! I'm gonna short 'em.

Comment

Let's see. They've been buying dark fibre. They've come up with a datacenter that fits on the back of a truck and can be deployed anywhere. They've bought 5% of AOL. If this ads up right, they're geniuses.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                Oh boy! I'm gonna short 'em.
                Are longer term put-options exchange traded anywhere?
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Working...
                X