No announcement yet.

Breaking: Ariel Sharon hospitalized....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking: Ariel Sharon hospitalized....

First reports are that he was taken to a hospital unconcious but has just re-gained conciousness. He has had an MRI.

More as it comes down the pipeline....

EDIT: some reports now say that he suffered a TIA, a transient ischemic attack. TIA's are (usually) temporary blockages in the blood vessels leading to the brain. The symptoms are stroke-like, but as the name indicates "transient".

Often TIA's are due to placques in the vessles of the neck blocking >50% - 69% of their diameter so that if the vessel spasms from the inflammation etc. blood flow is temporarily cut off.

Treatments included medication, but when the vessel is blocked by more than 50% it's often recommended that more agressive treatments be done. These include surgical repair by implanting blood vessel grafts in the neck or by instering stents...a wire mesh device that mechanically keeps the vessel open.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 December 2005, 12:35.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Local news speak of a CVA. He's alright, he'll live..
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Then it was a clot and not a placque/vasospasm. Lucky to get away with as little damage as he did....

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

with all due respect to Mr. Sharon and his health. i am left wondering why this bit of news had to be put up on the MURC front page. it does not belong there for any reason whatsoever.
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

More then likely doc chose the wrong img icon, I have been a little lax in explaining the news system.
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Yes....I was unaware that that icon would front-page a post

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

my apologies for macking rash coments... i hope you did not take any offence doc.
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Doc was off sick when I changed the front page, and made the vb3 upgrade.
                There is a thread burried deep withing the moderator forum explaining it, and I forgot to point it out when doc started to feel well enough to join us again.
                so my appologies.
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Working...
                  X