Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Mom! There are Liberals Under My Bed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Mom! There are Liberals Under My Bed!

Yes, Amazon's selling it;

This full-color illustrated book is a fun way for parents to teach young children the valuable lessons of conservatism. Written in simple text, readers can follow along with Tommy and Lou as they open a lemonade stand to earn money for a swing set. But when liberals start demanding that Tommy and Lou pay half their money in taxes, take down their picture of Jesus, and serve broccoli with every glass of lemonade, the young brothers experience the downside to living in Liberaland.

Also by Ms. DeBrecht;

Help! Mom! Hollywood's in My Hamper!

When smarty-mouth Hollywood stars begin to pop out of Janie and Sam’s hamper to sell their latest trinkets, the girls learn firsthand that sometimes celebrities don’t know best. This hilarious second book in the "Help! Mom!" series reunites gifted storyteller Katharine DeBrecht with award-winning illustrator Jim Hummel for another small lesson in conservatism.
    Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hmm...must still write this commentary on our recent elections, when I'll have time (because for some time everythinf settled, so we know on what we're standing...). Suffice to say, liberals don't mean high taxes automagically, sometimes on the contrary, and you don't want to know what happens when pictures of Jesus decide about outcome of elections...

Comment

I R t3h L1b3R4L 4 L1F3!!

imo (although very uneducated), liberal is the only to have a real democracy, all the others stuff their specific and not necessarily correct values down your throat. Liberalism is about freedom of choice, religion, etc. not about taxes
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I hope that they sell millions of this book, because ramming conservatism down a kid's throat is the best way for him to vote liberal when he is older. I used to be very conservative until I started to think for myself
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
          I hope that they sell millions of this book, because ramming conservatism down a kid's throat is the best way for him to vote liberal when he is older. I used to be very conservative until I started to think for myself
          lol! Right you are.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
              Opposite for me. My mom was a lefty and one day I had to do a speech in High School. I picked some lefty cause and in the middle of the speech realized it was complete bullshit.

The more I lived the more I realized democrats were utterly against everything I care about, except perhaps environmentalism and better minimum wages, but even there, their implementation is so cockeyed and incompetent that they screw up anything they try to do. Clinto's free trade pacts with China and Mexico did more to lower the standard of living for ordinary Americans than any other action by any other president I can remember.

Comment

Depends on what kind of liberal you're talking about.

If you're talking about a pre-1970's liberal then most of those values are still around, even though the Democratic party has left that constituency (including me) behind. Moderate in social policy, strong defense etc. Specifically; Sen. Scoop Jackson, Jack Kennedy, Franklin Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt (though a Republican), Harry Truman, Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan and many others are great examples.

If you're talking about the whiny, self-contradictory pieces of crap that pass for "liberals" TODAY then you can keep the SOB's. They constitute the McGovern/Edward Kennedy/Carter/Dukakis/Mondale wing of the party, and are exactly why the Democrats have gone down the tubes in the last 30 years.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 19 December 2005, 13:36.
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                X