Mixed blessings....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed blessings....

I thought the guy who lost both sons in a single day was bad, but this one would put me in a padded room

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) —

A family that lost all five of its children in an auto accident six weeks ago celebrated the birth of a baby girl this week.

Jolynn Marie Schrock was born on Wednesday afternoon. Her birth announcement also acknowledged the passing of her older siblings: "Jolynn Marie, sent by the One who holds Carmen, Jana, Carinna, Jerryl, and Craig in His loving arms." All five children were under the age of 13.

Carolyn Schrock, 35, was eight months pregnant when she lost her children in a Nov. 1 crash in north Spokane County. Her husband, who was driving the family pickup when they were struck by an oncoming vehicle that had veered into their lane, also was seriously injured.

Jeff Schrock, 38, had three surgeries to fix a broken jaw, both knees and his right arm. He remained at Sacred Heart Medical Center for two weeks until his condition stabilized. Earlier this month, Jeff Schrock returned home to Chewelah, where he continues to recover from his injuries. He uses a wheelchair and can't move his right hand and arm due to nerve damage.

While Schrock continues to heal, the man responsible for the crash, 55-year-old Clifford Helm, has continued to refuse requests by the Washington State Patrol for an interview as they investigate five potential charges of vehicular homicide.

"Once we've gathered all the facts, we will forward the case to the prosecutor — whether or not that includes Mr. Helm's statement," Trooper Jeff Sevigney said. "Obviously we want to get this wrapped up quickly. But we want to do it right."
    Personally; I hope they nail the guy to the wall by his d***.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 December 2005, 22:07.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Before you blame him, know what really happened. True, he might have been drunk and irresponsible, but it's possible there is more to it. I had an accident once in which I was driving on wet pavement in the right hand lane of a 4 lane road. I was working two jobs at the time, and had just gotten done wrapping and throwing 400 sunday papers by myself. It was 8am and my customers were all blaming me for being late, when it was the newspaper's 50yo insert machine which got clogged again, delaying the papers coming out. Fine. Well, I was on my way to my last drop when a tan van suddenly pulls out of a parking lot right in front of me (it had stopped so I naturally thought he had seen me coming) I was so close I could not have stopped before rear-ending him (which of course would have automatically been my fault too) so I tried to change lanes but lost traction in the emergency maneuver and skidded sideways into the oncoming lane where as luck would have it a mother and her 10yo daughter were going to church in their full sized ford pickup. Demolished my car and messed me up a bit, but the little girl's mouth hit the dashboard and messed up her teeth really bad. Of course the tan van left the scene, blissfully unaware of the lives it had just ruined. I got blamed by everyone for the whole thing, including my parents.

I had to live with knowing everyone blamed me and hated me, though I had done everything I could to avoid the accident.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
      Before you blame him, know what really happened. True, he might have been drunk and irresponsible, but it's possible there is more to it. I had an accident once in which I was driving on wet pavement in the right hand lane of a 4 lane road. I was working two jobs at the time, and had just gotten done wrapping and throwing 400 sunday papers by myself. It was 8am and my customers were all blaming me for being late, when it was the newspaper's 50yo insert machine which got clogged again, delaying the papers coming out. Fine. Well, I was on my way to my last drop when a tan van suddenly pulls out of a parking lot right in front of me (it had stopped so I naturally thought he had seen me coming) I was so close I could not have stopped before rear-ending him (which of course would have automatically been my fault too) so I tried to change lanes but lost traction in the emergency maneuver and skidded sideways into the oncoming lane where as luck would have it a mother and her 10yo daughter were going to church in their full sized ford pickup. Demolished my car and messed me up a bit, but the little girl's mouth hit the dashboard and messed up her teeth really bad. Of course the tan van left the scene, blissfully unaware of the lives it had just ruined. I got blamed by everyone for the whole thing, including my parents.

I had to live with knowing everyone blamed me and hated me, though I had done everything I could to avoid the accident.

were charges filed against you?
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

I got a ticket and was found at fault. My insurance had to pay.

Comment

so no one believed you about the van?

Comment

That's how it seemed.

Comment

did you fight the ticket?

Comment

Working...
              X