Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let it snow let it snow... let it SNOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let it snow let it snow... let it SNOW!!!

Those who live in Toronto will be experiencing a ton of snow right now as I type this and looking outside, man it's bad!!!

Hey Elie,
    It's about 7:30pm here in Ottawa, no snow yet, but we are hearing it's going to be a dousy. Snow starting sometime tonight and continuing all day tomorrow. A little dumping of about 40cm.

Comment

I hope tomorrow is going to be a snow day! The snow was very thick on my drive home but surprisingly the roads were pretty good.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

We have 8 inches on the ground (snowed all day) and our heavy snow alert has 4 hours to go.

Round #2 with the snowblower starts tomorrow morning

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

had the snowblower out today so glad it actually started up
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Mine is self-powered with electronic ignition, EFI and an electric starter

With 12hp it'll throw snow 100' (30m), even in the deep stuff.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 December 2005, 19:45.
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

yeah well, mine takes an average of about ten pulls to get it going, but today I did it in only two! so... there...

pwnd.

... ... how much did you pay for it?
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

unfortunately I gotta do it the old fassion way Gotta buy a slow blower soon

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|

... ... how much did you pay for it?
                  About a kilobuck a few years ago and it still looks/runs like new; just have to take it into the garage to clean & spray with WD-40 after each use. Worth every damned cent.

Not exactly the same thing, but along the lines of this beast;

Trust me; the 35' throw distance they quote for most of these things is the minimum in heavy/wet snow. Lighter stuff goes almost all the way across our street if I aim it that way. Ours will even throw slushy/wet/dirty snow over 10'. Run it slow and careful and it'll even eat it's way through the ice/snow dams left by street plows.

Until you've used one you have no idea as to how much work & back pain they can save you.

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 December 2005, 23:03.
                  Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What is snow?
                    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Need to see pictures....

I only ever see snow on holiday.

Comment

Started here heavily today...and this time it looks like it's gonna stay...

edit: It seems it's a bit too warm... :/
                        Last edited by Nowhere; 16 December 2005, 05:51.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                          Need to see pictures....

I only ever see snow on holiday.
                          Here you are: Snow in Cyprus

"Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Seriously, where I live (300 m altitude), I've seen sleety snow fall twice for short periods since 1998, but it has never settled. In the mountains, snowfalls of up to 1 m (3 m cumulative) are known and winter sports are practised (skilifts there!). This is one of the few places where you can both downhill ski and waterski on the sea in 30 minutes (Cypriot driver) or 45 minutes (normal driver).
                            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I love a good snow storm
                              nothing beats throwing the truck into 4wd and going into a 4 wheel power slide in the corners, with snow flying all around as the tires throw it in all directions
                              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X