Archive for future DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archive for future DVD

I'm planning on creating DVD's of a bunch of Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes (about 90 minutes each) that I have on tape. The problem is that I don't have the DVD burning hardware yet. Assuming that I will by the end of the year or shortly afterwards, what is the process I should use (codecs, encoder, etc) to create the files that I will burn onto the DVDs? I have plenty of hard drive space for storage, and I am only planning on doing a few episodes just for practice, anyway.

What is your capture hardware based on? What is the speed of your drives (i.e. transfer rate)? Do you have a tape backup in case you want to backup several 2GB files?
    Tyan Thunder K7, 768MB Registered DDR ECC, 2xMP2200+, Radeon 9700 Pro, Adaptec 2940U2B Ultra2 SCSI, TB Santa Cruz, Pyro 1394DV. RAID 0 stripe set on hacked Promise UltraTX2 with dual WD 120MB SE drives. HP DVD200i DVD+RW drive.

Comment

capture hardware is Marvel g400, I have a RAID array of two ATA 100 7200 rpm Maxtor 45 gb hds. Sisoft Sandra rates the speed around 37-38 megs/s. No tape backup.

Comment

Working...
      X