classic doom for doom3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• classic doom for doom3

Just got the Classic Doom mod for doom3, played a couple levels - its pretty sweet actually

The old music has been recycled, major graphic update obviously, as well as some sounds (but the gun sounds are still the same as original doom!! I thought that was hilarious)

There is a kind of intro movie that is somewhat unnessary and kind of annoying, but after that you are "knee deep in the dead!"

check it out here http://cdoom.d3files.com/index.php

One thing that really annoyed me though, the menu song for classic doom rips off a tool song even worse than the doom3 song did, oh well, if they are going to rip off a band it may as well be tool, at least its gonna be good that way
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

So does a room full of doom 3 monsteres(ala doom1 style) bri9ng your computer to its knees?

I have few friends (and me) who will really enjoy an enhanced doom1

ooh. and before I forget, are you allowed to jump ?

Comment

yes you can jump, I only did a couple levels, and so far most i found was room of about 7 or 8, ran fine

edit: playing through a couple more levels im beginning to realize this is more of what i hoped for for doom3 to be
      Last edited by Mehen; 13 December 2005, 23:31.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

Yeah, isn't it sad that maps from their 11-year-old game are better than maps from their brandy-spanking-new game?
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

One part I really like, even though the guns and damage monsters take and all that is the same as Doom1/2, the enemies are still AS (or at least almost as ) hard as doom3!! Imagine taking on 4 imps + 4 shotgun guys + 2 pinkies at a time in doom3 - well, it happens in classic doom3 !!!

great fun. so much fun. I wish I wasn't at school right now

Comment

well, finished cdoom - Conclusions:

1. VERY FUN
            2. They need a new sound and voice acting crew, or to just get rid of the cutscenes entirely
            3. its very short right now (theyve only done ~8 levels or so).
            4. VERY FUN

Comment

Working...
            X