Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDLib on shared hosting?

Hello,

I'm in the process of making a website using the Typo3 Content Management System. The website will be based on an existing template, but it makes use of ImageMagick or GDLib (whichever is available) to generate the website banner (in order to display image and text).

As it is just a small website, my intention is to host it on a shared linux hosting: apache, php, mysql is not a problem to find. However, if one wants to use ImageMagick or GDLib, how does it work?

I have some Linux knowledge, but will it for instance be possible to 'install' GDLib in one's account so that the CMS can use it?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

most hosts will already have one or the other at least installed, at which point, it is easy enough to get the cms to use it.

No, on a usuall shared hosting type site, you do not have shell access, so no ability to install it.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ok, I'm now in the process of contacting some hosting companies, as they don't mention ImageMagick or GDLib on their site...

Thanks!

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

ImageMagick is quite rare on such shared hosting options, but GDLib is more or less standard.

Jörg
        pixar

Comment

Dreamhost has both and shell access.
          Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
          Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
          X