Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo Revolution specs

Dissapointing apperantly!

I wasn't holding my breath on the specs of Nintendo, they were always behind in performance and specs, they have nothing going for them except for Metroid series of games.

On a regular TV, if it's priced well below the PS3/Xbox 360, it might appeal to MANY parents with younger children and a more sensitive budget. I think it does have a HUGE market.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

They still have a major foothold in the child market, but with ever-increasing competition from Sony on the living-room AND portable fronts, it may not be long before they go the way of SEGA. I mean, really, I see no good reason to get a DS over a PSP unless the child is really accident-prone.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

admittedly I am a bit of Nintendo fan, but I think its going to do well.

Nintendo have been profitable for quite a few years, they sell there console..etc at a profit from the get up and go.

They have a loyal following, cause lets face it they are loyal to their customers in that they keep and update all the games there customer like and don't try be the uber fashion items PS's and xbox's turn into.

They have built themselves a strong niche, one that does not intersect with PC games. Postioning itself as *not* a competitor to sony or MS but as the the game machine to buy 'as well" could actually make them some big sales

and for such a *slow* console the gamecube had quite a few games that did actually look best on the gamecube(soul calibur 2)

Reading the article you certaily get the impression the revolution is a bit slow, but you also get a bit of enthusiasm from the developers saying its easy to develop for, and in fact is tempting them to write unique games to suit it.

I'l be getting one to replace my gamecube

Comment

itll be the graphics card that makes the difference anyways, not whatever other junk they have under the hood (for performance anyways, the real difference is, and always will be in how fun the games are)

cant wait to play all the old NES/SNES games!! not to mention a version of goldeneye64 that wont slow down when you have 4 player multiplayer with lots of explosives
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
          Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Seriously now, let's do a bit of a reality check.
            Will you put a HDTV in your children's room in the near future? No.
            Most children who have a television set in their room have a low end / older 25" while the better TV is in the livingroom. For their room and their TV, a Nintedo gamecube/revolution is an overkill.
            "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

I just have a (although it is pretty new) 20" samsung CRT in my room - its where all my console gaming is done
              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I don't have a console, but I always considered Nintendo to be different. Just looking at their games, they don't seem to emphasize too much on graphics, but more on simple, addictive gameplay.

Jörg
                pixar
                Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

don't forget their new controller...

mfg
                  wulfman
                  "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                  "Lobsters?"
                  "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                  "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Time will tell. I hope it does well, and that the games are fun.

Comment

If it's fun to play, it will sell.

Comment

I hope it does well too, but in todays age with all the competition and the race for bigger better and faster consoles, I am a bit dissapointed to see Nintendo falling behind a bit.

You can buy an X3 or a PS3 for kids too, it's just the type of game you want them to play, while Nintendo is stuck on Mario and Metroid.

Anyway, we'll see what happens...

Comment

The revolution is SD only no HD, so loading times should be quick(no HD content to worry about)

Comment

more news about the hardware unveiled by developers.
                            Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by TransformX
                              On a regular TV, if it's priced well below the PS3/Xbox 360, it might appeal to MANY parents with younger children and a more sensitive budget. I think it does have a HUGE market.
                              /me raises his hand!

In South Carolina (outside Charlotte, NC) right now closing on a new house. A big expensive console like the X360 and PS3 simply isn't possible on the new budget, especially since the games that I can play with my near-3-year old won't ever be large on any of those two. Nintendo is smartly playing into a niche market and I think they will do surprisingly well.

Let Sony and MS fight it out for the teen to tween (20-something not married) market, Nintendo will do well in the "family friendly" segment all by themselves.

Jammrock
                              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
                              X