Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free LCD Monitor!!

At least for me

Found one on the side of the road today. Looks like it fell off a pickup or whatever. Nothing fancy; just a cheap 17" Westinghouse LCM-17v2 Chinese made analog LCD....but the price was sure right and it works. No damage other than to the corner of the box.

I'm actually suprised at the IQ given its specs:

Their "Bright, Clear Monitor" blurb is correct: this little SOB is BRIGHT....actually had to turn it down to 10-30% else I felt like I was in front of a spotlight.

Went to Best Buy today and they had it on sale for $199, but my price was better

While in BB I also checked it out next to a lot of other "name" LCD's and it was way brighter than them too, even with the Westinghouse set to 10-30% brightness and them at their default of 50-100%.

Whazzup with this thing? Anyone know who actually makes its LCD?

EDIT: looks like it's LCD is made by Taiwans CMO (Chi Mei Optoelectronics), the 3rd or 4th largest producer of LCD panels in the world. Recent articles on the financial sites they now own Westinghouse Digital.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 December 2005, 20:06.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Nice find! That doesn't happen everyday.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
      Went to Best Buy today and they had it on sale for $199, but my price was better
      LOL!
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
      X