Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2003: evaluation?

Hello,

We are running a Windows Server 2003 evaluation version. This evaluation is valid for 180 days. How can we tell when it will expire?

Thanks!

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

It stops booting.

P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Seriously, I don't know.

But check the "General" tab under the "System" control panel.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

server logs and calculate from there?
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Periodic pop-ups will come up when you log in as a user on the server, usually once a week, asking you to activate a full version copy of it.

At least that's what most MS eval versions do.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Schmosef: preferably, we'd like to know before that...
            Dillitante: Well, we did a new installation from scratch, so the servers logs can't tell us when we activated the trial...
            Jammrock: Oddly enough, it doesn't seem to show pop-ups...

I would have hoped there would be a tool (I remember there was something for NT or 2000, that showed a countdown on the desktop) or so, but I can't find anything...

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

If this is a server you're planning to use long term, why not just get a full version now?
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Windows Activation?

If that's not there, look for the %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe, which is the EXE for Windows Activation. That should tell you what you need to know.

Jammrock
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Agallag: The university has a full contract with Microsoft. The 64-bit 2003 server is not yet included (32 bit is), but this is expected within a few months. It would be silly for our departement to pay for the license now, when there will be a campus license shortly.

Jammrock: It just shows it has been activated... (and then we can click ok to exit). From the commandline, the msoobe.exe file shows nothing...

Jörg
                  Last edited by VJ; 13 December 2005, 09:26.
                  pixar

Comment

Working...
                  X