Breaking News: Huge explosion in London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Huge explosion in London

I just saw it on the news. They didn't have any details. Not sure what it's about?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Here is the first link I found on it. Not much to go by yet.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

shit
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Uh, nothing serious it appears at the moment. Move along, move along...

J1NG

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Nothing serious? Tell that to the families of the 36 victims and to the owners of the damaged houses. I used to be a consultant, for 6 years, to a company housed in the grey building under the 'u' of fuel in the little map on the above link.

I suppose it would be far too much to hope that it destroyed HH's infamous roundabout. (For those who don't know it, it is a large roundabout with 5 or 6 peripheral roundabouts, each with priority to traffic already engaged, and 2-way traffic round the big'un but one way round the peripheral ones. It was designed by the town planner in a nightmare following a late cheese and lobster supper!)
          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

I didn't mean to trivialise the incident, merely to make a point that it doesn't appear to be a terroist incident or anything with malicous intent serious. I appologise now if I've offended anyone with my posting tone.

J1NG

Comment

No worries. Apparantly the worst thing about all this is that a certain roundabout wasn't destroyed by all this.

I got your meanign J1NG.
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Well there's also a big black cloud spreading southwest...
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Comment

I haven't been following this story too closely but the last thing I read, on one of the MSM websites, said that the explosions were unexplained but that terrorism had been ruled out.

My only question is... If they don't know the cause of the explosions, how do they know it wasn't terrorism?

Comment

Originally posted by schmosef
                      I haven't been following this story too closely but the last thing I read, on one of the MSM websites, said that the explosions were unexplained but that terrorism had been ruled out.

My only question is... If they don't know the cause of the explosions, how do they know it wasn't terrorism?
                      Easy, no crazy calls from terrorists taking blame
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

That often doesn't happen until weeks later.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

One report I heard suggested that the start was captured on a security cam and a leak of "gas" was detected. This puzzled me a little, as I don't think gas was stored there, just liquid fuels. As using the word gas for motor fuel is not in the UK customs, you can see the puzzle????? However, every report has been pretty categorical about it being an industrial accident, so I've no reason to believe otherwise.
                          Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

How do they know it was an "accident" if they don't yet know the cause?

I agree with the logic of announcing the lack of evidence of terrorism, btw. The last thing anyone wants is for a mob to form.

I just don't understand how they've been able to rule it out.

Comment

The firefighters, had to stop because they didn't know the contents of one of the tanks. Not that shocking really. Even though the place may be completely automated. I bet the logs were kept in the site offices.

Tanks need to vent vapour.

Texaco aren't saying much.

Comment

Working...
                              X