• Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 5.12 available

Download:
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...ge&folderID=27

Release Notes:
    https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...ase_notes.html
    New Features
    The Catalyst 5.12 software suite introduces dual core support for CPU bound cases. This feature provides improved graphics performance for DX 9 supported graphics adapters installed in systems running the Windows XP and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition operating systems.

Performance Improvements
    Catalyst 5.12 improves a variety of CPU-bound performance cases when an ATI product is installed in conjunction with a dual-core or hyperthreading CPU. Performance gains include:

3DMark05 gains as much as 5.7%
    3DMark03 gains as much as 3.3%
    3DMark2001 SE gains up to 10%
    Aquamark 3 gains up to 16%
    Comanche 4 improves as much as 20%
    Far Cry gains as much as 25% on some product configurations
    Half-Life 2 performance improves as much as 8%
    Splinter Cell improves as much as 8% in certain parts of the game
    Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness runs as much as 10% faster
    Unreal Tournament 2004 framerates improve as much as 10%
    Unfortunately only the Catalyst Control Center Package is downloadable, dunno what happenend with the regular control panel for the not-.net-users like me ...

R.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

From Driverheaven

Originally posted by Catalyst Maker
    We will not be posting the control panel any longer. Please use CCC, ATI Tray Tools, an old version of the control panel, or nothing at all

Comment

Thank someone at [H] for finding this link to the 5.12 CP version:

Comment

It's my understanding that horizontal stretch for dual monitors does not work correctly in this build. If you use this feature and currently use build 5.11 then the old addage applies: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Using the CCC makes me want to pull my X700 Pro out and tear it to pieces with my bare hands. I also love how there is no way to get rid of resolutions like 1280x720 or 1280x768... does anyone use these on a 4x3 aspect ratio monitor?

Comment

Yes: some people use 'em on a 4:3 monitor by letterboxing it, mainly those editors that haven't yet purchased a 16:9 preview monitor.

1280x720 is an HD compatable resolution (720p) and 1280x768 is likewise a widescreen format, so editors have a use for both when previewing content to a 2nd display.

Other useful widescreen formats are 1440x? (an HD High1440 MPEG-2 profile) and 1280x?.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 11 December 2005, 22:24.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
            X