Global warming, no such thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming, no such thing.

It is true if we stick our collective heads in the sand then we will be ok.

If there were no global warming, we'd be freezing our collective balls off as the mean global temp would be ~-18°C
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

So where will be a good place to live in 20 years? I take it not the UK.

How about Libya?

Comment

I dunno about you guys, but living in Winterpeg... I welcome global warming with open arms
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

LOL I was gonnasay Canada but you beat me to it

Skandinavian countries woul be good too

Comment

It's been pretty good for Michigan.

When I was a kid we were up to our telephone poles in snow every winter and had weeks of subzero (F, not C) weather every Feb.

One notable blizzard in the early 1970's buried my parents farmhouse to the 2nd floor window. The National Guard had to use TANKS equipped with the biggest snowplows I've ever seen to clear the roads. They then had to run snowmobiles up to said 2nd floor window to evacuate them

Since the "horror" of global warming our temps have moderated, growing seasons have been extended, the snowfall is down and so are our heating bills.

Let's also not forget that we are quite late in an interglacial period. Normally at this time temps would be dropping and glaciers expanding in the runup to another ice age.

If global warming prevents or stops this then bring it on

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 December 2005, 00:52.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I now have the definitive scientific proof that global warming is for real:
              Attached Files

Comment

LOL @ Brian.

Skandinavia is gonna suffer bad, and it won;t be long. Although the globe is warming, locally other effects are kicking in as well. Due to the north-pole ice cap metling, the water is getting less salty and thus the warmer water (from the gulf-of-mexico etc) on the surface is gonna sink before it reaches NW-europe. We're gonna be cold bunnies here and I do think I may well be on my way to somewhere else within 20 years.

THinking about conquering marrocco.
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Actually, the ocean flows appear to be changing:
                  BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Thinking about moving "down under". (but not for climate reasons )

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Yeah, that was what I was trying to say.
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Just to add some info to the discussion:

Researchers have utilised more than a decade's worth of data from radar altimeters on ESA's ERS satellites to produce the most detailed picture yet of thickness changes in the Greenland Ice Sheet.

The Greenland Ice Sheet interior is growing.
                      Makes you wonder.

Edit: I'm not saying there is no global warming, it just got me thinking with these conflicting information.
                      Last edited by JTD; 12 December 2005, 07:30.
                      Laptops: ASUS G750JM: Intel Core i7 4700HQ, 8GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Nvidia GTX 860M, 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 1 x WD 750 GB HDD, 17,3" FHD Screen, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
                      ASUS Vivobook S400CA: Intel Core i5 3317U (1,7-2,6 GHz), 8 GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Intel HD4000, 1 x 500GB HDD, 14" touch-screen (1366x768), Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Comment

Or what a lot of people have been saying all along: part of existing cycles that we egotistical humans just refuse to acknowledge as being caused by anything other than us

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid
                        ----------------------------
                        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Modelling studies of the Greenland Ice Sheet mass balance under greenhouse global warming have shown that temperature increases up to about 3ºC lead to positive mass balance changes at high elevations – due to snow accumulation – and negative at low elevations – due to snow melt exceeding accumulation. Such models agree with the new observational results.
                          So this was predicted as a result of increased temperature. Similar observations have been made in the high-altitude (>3000 m) Swiss glaciers: more snow has fallen at the top, as the bottom retreats due to increased melt-off. Two major glaciers near Saas Fee (where I have often gone walking) have retreated about 200 m in altitude and up to 1 km in length between the first time I visited there in 1964 and the last time in 1998, but there is an abundance of snow higher up. This has been observed in all the Swiss glaciers bar one, which has actually lengthened due to acceleration in its rate of movement.

We can't add an annual >12 billion tonnes of fossil CO2, year in, year out, to the atmosphere without something happening.

Comment

Yes we can.
                            The Heritage Foundation has proved conclusively that Global Warming would cost businesses too much to be real..
                            Chuck
                            秋音的爸爸

Comment

"Aliens Cause Global Warming"

A lecture by Michael Crichton
                              California Institute of Technology
                              Pasadena, CA
                              January 17, 2003

Originally posted by A Brooklyn Voice at Ricksvoice.com

There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is...
                              There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming, There is no such thing as global warming.

Except, maybe there is...

Check out the area in the upper left of the ice cap, that borders that top of Russia. All together now...

There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming. There is no such thing as global warming.

posted by BrooklynVoice at 11:08 AM 0 comments
                              Titanium is the new bling!
                              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
                              X