Reversal of (Intels) fortune....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reversal of (Intels) fortune....

Intel to stop collecting entry-level chipset royalty fees from SiS, says paper Source: Mercury Research, compiled by DigiTimes, December 2005 Intel will stop collecting royalty charges on chipsets from chipset maker Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) that support its entry-level CPUs starting in early 2006, according to the Chinese-language Commercial Times today. Compiled from outside sources; Jessie Shen, DigiTimes.com Intel will drop the US$1.50 royalty charge per chip in order to help maintain its dominance in the entry-level PC chipset market through third-party players, said the paper.

According to this article PCs based on Intel chipsets accounted for 62% of the market in Q3 2005, while non-Intel chipset PCs accounted for 38%.

By the end of Q1 2006 the proportions are expected to shift even more, with only 47% of PCs built on Intel chipsets and 53% built on non-Intel chipsets.

Also:

Intels CEO was on CNBC the other day speculating that one day their HQ would be in Califlakey but they'd be doing all their work overseas. So much for US operations

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 December 2005, 12:01.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I would think that may not be the case, as Intel is releasing a slew of new chipsets that will enhance the CPU's performance and remove the bottle neck with the current 800FSB arrrgggg!!

Only then (mid to end 2006), Intel will be on par with AMD's Hyper Transport.

Too bad about outsourcing to oversees

Comment

Working...
    X