Al-Qaeda #3 killed by Predator....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Qaeda #3 killed by Predator....

Latest breaking news, including politics, crime and celebrity. Find stories, updates and expert opinion.

Al-Qaeda's third-ranking leader has been killed by a missile fired by an American drone in Pakistan, near the Afghan border, NBC television news reported yesterday.

Egyptian-born Abu Hamza Rabia, who is said to head al-Qaeda's international operations, was among five people killed in a blast at a house where they were hiding in North Waziristan on Thursday. President Pervez Musharraf of Pakistan confirmed Rabia's death yesterday.
    On the other hand I'm starting to hear rumbles that US an Iraqi Special Forces entered Syria in November, attacking terrorist camps and staging areas.

These troops were supposedly part of Operation Steel Curtain, which involved ~2,500 U.S. and 1,000 Iraqi soldiers with the mission of interdicting the flow of jihadists and material support crossing the Syrian border.

Don't expect Syria or anyone else to confirm this. Syria was probably told put up or else and the US and Iraq won't talk either for obvious reasons.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 3 December 2005, 22:44.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

this is what I thought I was gonna see based on the thread title
    Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
    Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

You can't kill the Al-Qaeda #3.. unless you kill #4 at the same time, because then he'd be #3.. wait.. you'd have to kill #5, too.. and #6.. dammit, just kill em all!

Comment

LOL, always a fresh perspective on things!
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

http://www.slate.com/id/2131627/

Originally posted by Timothy Noah
          Some jobs just seem impossible to keep filled. Hollywood studio head. United States ambassador to Iraq. Editor of the New York Daily News. Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

To these we must now add "al-Qaida's No. 3 official." John Crimmings, proprietor of the New York-based Blogenlust, has been keeping track of al-Qaida third-in-commands captured or killed by our side, and counts no fewer than four.

The obvious question here is whether these four people successively held the position of No. 3 in al-Qaida—in which case, as Jon Stewart has observed on The Daily Show, the job would appear to be "sort of a raw deal"—or whether counterterrorism officials are inclined to call any reasonably high-ranking Tom, Dick, or Harry "al-Qaida's No. 3" simply for the purposes of propaganda. Another possibility is that our side does this for the purposes of psy-ops, to create confusion among the al-Qaida rank and file about their own organization's true hierarchy. (It isn't like you can get Bin Laden to adjudicate turf wars every time confusion arises over the chain of command.) Yet another possibility is that al-Qaida's management hierarchy is ludicrously top-heavy, and that "No. 3" is a position held simultaneously by many people who in a similarly top-heavy corporation would be labeled "vice president." No matter what the explanation, it's clear that the sweet spot in al-Qaida management is No. 1 and No. 2. After that, job security seems only slightly better than that enjoyed by suicide bombers. My advice: Go with Procter & Gamble instead.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

As is Jon Stewart is an authority on anything pertinent

The position was held sucessively as each took command over the subsequent attacks until they in turn were nailed.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

The position was held sucessively as each took command over the subsequent attacks until they in turn were nailed.

Dr. Mordrid
              Are you disagreeing with Jon Stewart just for practice?

Your description makes the job sound like a "sort of a raw deal" to me too.

Seems to me like that's a good thing.
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

So the number 3 position is like wearing a red shirt in star trek?
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                  So the number 3 position is like wearing a red shirt in star trek?
                  LOL
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Works for me.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                      Hey, he's more reliable and accurate than the current administration. Then again, so is a Magic 8-ball.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

And the administration is more accurate than the opposition party, which of late is wearing its shoes on its hands, so there

Dr. Mordrid
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                        X