World's first face transplant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's first face transplant.

Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Would be a good thing for burn victims, but try explaining to a kid why the lady who now looks like his mother, is not his mother ..
    We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

Originally posted by tjalfe
      Would be a good thing for burn victims, but try explaining to a kid why the lady who now looks like his mother, is not his mother ..
      Actually, the person will look as a mix between his/her original face and the donor face. So it is not like in Face/Off...

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Don't forget the implications for ugly people
        come to think about it, I could use a good face transplant :
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gt40
          do as I do.. grow a beard

Comment

*sigh*

I've tried, but my dear wife holds back on the nookie till I'm clean shaven

Comment

Hey you got the wife you don't need to be good looking

As for this I think it's an interesting step forward for reconstruction. However there is only so different you're going to look. Your bone structure will be the same. However they can change that too.
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

*sigh*

I've tried, but my dear wife holds back on the nookie till I'm clean shaven

.. restraining myself for commenting on clean shaven

Comment

Lol

Comment

OTOH;

my wife hides my razor every time I threaten to shave my moustache

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I have the same problem at GT40

RE the face transplant, it's not something you'd go for unless you really needed it. First any reconstruction work would need removing, then a lifetime of anti-rejection drugs, which if they fail means yout face falls off, and the severely increased chances of various cancers.

So, probably a good bet for someone with major face trauma in later life. Otherwise, being ugly is likely the safer bet.
                      FT.

Comment

I would imagine it's safer somatically, but not socially and psychologically... (although the latter is a bit complicated...)
                        Last edited by Nowhere; 2 December 2005, 03:40.

Comment

But how would you feel if you are the donor (!), and people afterward say to you: "hey, you do look better much better after that face transplant"...

Jörg
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
                          X