Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a resume I can use for a template?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a resume I can use for a template?

I haven't updated my resume in years. I might get a job working for another part of my company, but they want my resume. Instead of starting from scratch, I thought I might be able to "borrow" a design from one of you kind folks I searched the web, but all of the resumes are GIF or JPG. I did find some in .doc or .pdf, but none I liked.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

I found 94 resumes on MS's sight, probably be able to get one from there.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Get LyX (lyx.org), so you can easily use layouts found via http://www.google.com/search?hs=Kqh&...tnG=Szukaj&lr=

Perhaps not so straightforward (importing...layouts for LyX are...few)...but personally I'm getting used to this (wiki on lyx site), in rare occasions when I have to write something preferably good looking, and it's impressive in such cases

Comment

Here's me resume (conact information edited out for privacy reasons):

link removed

Just remember that IT resumes are allowed to be 2 pages, even if you don't have 10-years experience, so you can show lists of certifications and technical apptitudes on the second page.

Jammrock
        Last edited by Jammrock; 2 December 2005, 06:47.
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Dave, it might be a bit UKified and with a rather different focus given I'm predominantly financial, but I can email you mine tonight if you want a second source. Coincidentally I've been buffing up several friends' CVs (resumes) in the last month or so (as well as recruiting a few people here), so if you want a second pair of eyes when you have "finished" I'd be more than happy to help. Can also give some general pointers as well if I get a chance.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Aye, I'd be happy to review your resume as well. Being a Yank and a big tech geek I could help with the IT aspects of the resumes.
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

meh ya all need to use Japanese ones, we buy them in convienience stores. pro forma, even list which elementary school we went to. last employment. rev experience oh and a pic.
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Hele, just show them your avatar and you will get the job without having to whip out your resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirl-Secret
                  Hele, just show them your avatar and you will get the job without having to whip out your resume.

haha! I wish it was that easy.

Actually, the resume isn't too important. It is more word of mouth since it would be an internal transfer. I appreciate everyone's help in this. Fortunately, I have finished it and will send it along tomorrow morning.

Comment

Cool - sorry forgot to send mine over last night; ended up getting drunk unintentionally
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

It's a PITA. Do a google based on the words 'performance cv'. This was for an audit job btw. Fingers crossed.

From an application that I had to fill out recently. They had to assess on.

Criteria

Teamwork

Critical Thinking

Verbal / Written Communication Skills

Energy and Initiative

Execution

Business Acumen

I had to fill out.

Roles and responsibilities (600 char)

Key Business Contributions (600 char)

They were looking for.

Unyeilding Integrity

High Intellectual Capacity

Emotional intelligence / maturity

Adaptibility to a challenging work environment and personal lifestyle

Self Motivation and bias for action and results.

Comment

Working...
                      X