DVD slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD slideshow

I've seen some DVDs have bonus content of high rez images that you can flip though manually via "next" "prev" chapter buttons on your remote.

What DVD authoring program can I use to do that? And how do I set that up? I don't need transition effects.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

321 Studios DVD XShow. Works very well for what you have described.

Ted
    Premiere PRO XP Pro
    Asus P4s533
    P4-2.8
    Matrox G450
    RT.x100
    45 GIG System Drive
    120 Export Drive
    Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
    17" P4-3 HT
    1024 RAM
    32 MEG GForce
    60 GIG 7200RPM HD
    80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
    DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Actually, I need to correct myself. For what you were wanting - chapter advance to each slide - DVDWS is the best choice I have encountered. Although, I think the quality of the slideshow photos is better on Version 1 of DVDWS over Version 2. It does exactly what you want.

I used DVDXShow for smooth pans and zooms.

good luck,

Ted
      Premiere PRO XP Pro
      Asus P4s533
      P4-2.8
      Matrox G450
      RT.x100
      45 GIG System Drive
      120 Export Drive
      Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
      Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop
      17" P4-3 HT
      1024 RAM
      32 MEG GForce
      60 GIG 7200RPM HD
      80 GIG EXT HD (USB 2/Firewire)
      DVD RW/RAM

Comment

Thanks Ted,

I ended up using Nero's DVD Photo Slideshow tool.

It allowed me to set a delay between each image and a transition effect.

This was to allow someone to present a PowerPoint presentation on a TV (I captured the slides as images).

I wasn't sure how much time was needed between each slide so I set it to 8 seconds and told the user to hit pause between images.

It had the added benefit of working with chapter forward/back as well so if he didn't want the transition effect he could just pause on the first slide and use the forward/back buttons at his discretion.

I'll look into DVDXShow when I have a little more time to do some research. I have a few big DVD authoring projects to get done at the end of the month and need to improve my toolset and understanding of the tech in general.
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
        X