A new baby on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new baby on the way

It's half of a suprise We were trying for 6 or so months and then stopped. But god damn, condoms suck and we got lazy. Next thing I know my wife is telling me she's pregnant.

I feel like giving some more background too. This has absolutely been the craziest (in a bad way) year of my life. It started out with my health problems acting up. I then found out I was depressed. I've been dealing with that all year and my father dies last month.

So here we are at the end of the year and it looks like it will end on a good note (keeps fingers crossed). I am grateful that I have a kid on the way and I am grateful to be alive.
    Attached Files
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Excellent news congatulations on your baby (peanut)

We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

congrats, by the way was that image looks like it was captured on a matrox medical imaging device

Comment

Congrats!

They may be sleepless nights and frayed nerves waiting to happen, but babies have a way of making even the worse times seem alright. It may sound sappy, but knowing you had a hand in helping create something as miraculous as a new life, well, it's an amazing feeling.

I'm done now
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Congrats!

Weird... I know a bunch of people who say that it took almost a year for their baby to be able to sleep through the night and I know a few people who recently had kids and their baby has been able to sleep through the night almost right away.

I hope that when it's my turn at bat I'm in the latter group.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Well our little princess is almost 6 months now and were are still sort of in the first group. Of course, my schedule doesn't help things, but I'd be nice to not be woken at 4 or 5 in the morning after I'd just gotten to sleep
            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Jesterzwild
              Well our little princess is almost 6 months now and were are still sort of in the first group. Of course, my schedule doesn't help things, but I'd be nice to not be woken at 4 or 5 in the morning after I'd just gotten to sleep
              working on that schedule thing

Congrats, if your schedule changes too much, maybe you can come work for me
              Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Congrats Dave Glad your year is ending ona high note

Regarding kids, I'm reliably informed that the first 35 years are the worst
                FT.

Comment

Congratulations!

Weird... I know a bunch of people who say that it took almost a year for their baby to be able to sleep through the night and I know a few people who recently had kids and their baby has been able to sleep through the night almost right away.
                  My brother and sister in law are in the latter group: their girl just slept throught the night almost from the start. She even slept longer in weekends , matching her parents' schedule.

Jörg
                  pixar
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Excellent news! Well done Dave

George
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Congrats indeed, and best of luck as well.
                      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Thanks everyone

I'm looking forward to the new year. Cheers to you all.
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Here's to a healthy baby Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats on the baby!!!
                            And FWIW, both my daughters slept through the whole night from 6 weeks on.
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Looks like I need to spin the wheel of fortune for the sleepless nights scenario.

I too know of one couple that had a kid who slept through the night. Everyone else I know didn't have that luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X