PDA

View Full Version : A new baby on the way

Helevitia
29th November 2005, 18:57
It's half of a suprise :) We were trying for 6 or so months and then stopped. But god damn, condoms suck and we got lazy. Next thing I know my wife is telling me she's pregnant.

I feel like giving some more background too. This has absolutely been the craziest (in a bad way) year of my life. It started out with my health problems acting up. I then found out I was depressed. I've been dealing with that all year and my father dies last month.

So here we are at the end of the year and it looks like it will end on a good note (keeps fingers crossed). I am grateful that I have a kid on the way and I am grateful to be alive.

Tjalfe
29th November 2005, 18:58
Excellent news :) congatulations on your baby (peanut)

:up:

Marshmallowman
29th November 2005, 19:35
congrats, by the way was that image looks like it was captured on a matrox medical imaging device :p

Jessterw
29th November 2005, 20:25
Congrats!

They may be sleepless nights and frayed nerves waiting to happen, but babies have a way of making even the worse times seem alright. It may sound sappy, but knowing you had a hand in helping create something as miraculous as a new life, well, it's an amazing feeling.

I'm done now :p

schmosef
29th November 2005, 20:58
Congrats! :up:

Weird... I know a bunch of people who say that it took almost a year for their baby to be able to sleep through the night and I know a few people who recently had kids and their baby has been able to sleep through the night almost right away.

I hope that when it's my turn at bat I'm in the latter group.

Jessterw
29th November 2005, 21:12
Well our little princess is almost 6 months now and were are still sort of in the first group. Of course, my schedule doesn't help things, but I'd be nice to not be woken at 4 or 5 in the morning after I'd just gotten to sleep ;)

Sasq
29th November 2005, 21:17
Well our little princess is almost 6 months now and were are still sort of in the first group. Of course, my schedule doesn't help things, but I'd be nice to not be woken at 4 or 5 in the morning after I'd just gotten to sleep ;)
working on that schedule thing ;)

Congrats, if your schedule changes too much, maybe you can come work for me :p

Fat Tone
30th November 2005, 01:13
Congrats Dave :up: Glad your year is ending ona high note :)

Regarding kids, I'm reliably informed that the first 35 years are the worst :D

VJ
30th November 2005, 02:09
Congratulations! :up:
:bunny:

Weird... I know a bunch of people who say that it took almost a year for their baby to be able to sleep through the night and I know a few people who recently had kids and their baby has been able to sleep through the night almost right away.
My brother and sister in law are in the latter group: their girl just slept throught the night almost from the start. She even slept longer in weekends :eek:, matching her parents' schedule.

Jörg

GNEP
30th November 2005, 02:37
Excellent news! Well done Dave :) :bunny:

George

Umfriend
30th November 2005, 04:29
Congrats indeed, and best of luck as well.

Helevitia
30th November 2005, 10:43
Thanks everyone :)

I'm looking forward to the new year. Cheers to you all.

Elie
30th November 2005, 13:41
Here's to a healthy baby :) Congrats!!!

gt40
30th November 2005, 14:26
Congrats on the baby!!!
And FWIW, both my daughters slept through the whole night from 6 weeks on.

Helevitia
30th November 2005, 14:40
Looks like I need to spin the wheel of fortune for the sleepless nights scenario.

I too know of one couple that had a kid who slept through the night. Everyone else I know didn't have that luck.

omegaRED
30th November 2005, 15:34
Congrats on the baby Dave!

Dr Mordrid
30th November 2005, 17:49
Congrats old man!!

Just get lots of sleep....you're gonna need it :D :D

Dr. Mordrid

RhinoZ
30th November 2005, 18:24
Congrats on the great news!!!
and a summer baby too.

Helevitia
30th November 2005, 23:43
I'm gettting sleepy just reading the responses :D

ZokesPro
1st December 2005, 05:52
A very belated congrats Helevitia! :):up:

Hope the new arrival brings much joy back into your life. :)