X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint to Video

Anybody have experience with this?

A customer just asked me about this.

I've just done a Google search a found a couple of utils that claim to do this. I just wanted to know if anyone had experience with this and could provide any advice.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

This question comes up regularly in other forums and there is, as far as I can remember, no really satisfactory answer. The best is to use a good video screen capture and play the PP through. Others have advocated an ordinary bitmap screen capture for each slide (e.g., the one in Ulead PhotoImpact 11) and then convert the slides to a video in a NLE app.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks Brian,

I'm going to experiment with two conversion apps I downloaded. If I don't get the results I want, I'll go the screen capture/NLE route.

Comment

You could try CamStudio:

(I've had good results with it, but not for .ppt files)

Perhaps this helps too:

Other stuff I found with google:

Microsoft is helpfull as always (!):
        http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q167090

Finally, if you use OpenOffice , you can export the presentation from Impress to Flash. I don't know how well Impress can read powerpoint though. Once the presentation is in flash, it can more easily be converted to video (i.e. with CamStudio).

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've used Camtasia before ( www.techsmith.com ) for non-PPT stuff and it worked out really well...I think even the trial should be fully OK for 30 days.
          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I second that for camtasia. It is also very good at capturing online training videos with sound.

Comment

There is a program to convert ppt to avi

Not sure on your exact need but there is a program that copies Power Point to avi. Haven't used it but think it is only $45. Link : http://www.hexisoft.com/powerpoint-to-video.html

Regards,

David M. LaBorde

Comment

The problem with PowerPoint to video conversions is that the proportions are sometimes going to be all messed up.

That which fits nicely on a computer screen is often going to be a big problem for a TV screen.

Fonts, graphics, and other elements may not appear as originally intended.

For that reason, I think the PowerPoint presentation creator often will need to simply start all over again to build the presentation correctly for a TV screen.

Jerry Jones
                I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!

Comment

The powerpoint in question was a series of images with large captions.

I ended up using the Photo slideshow builder tool built into Nero.

I screen captured each of the 30 or so slides and imported them into the Nero wizard.

It worked out well.

Comment

Working...
                  X