Capture analogue to DVAVI via USB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capture analogue to DVAVI via USB

Whats the best device for capturing pal VHS to DVAVI via a USB/ ieee1394 port... And when I say best, I don't mean the one that costs the most...
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

In the "affordable zone" the Canopus ADVC 110 or ADVC 55.

The Canopus boxes come with the EXCELLENT Canopus DV encoder chip, which is far and away the best one on the market....better than those used in most camcorders.

The ADVC 110 is a tad on the expensive side listing at ~$250 USD, but this is one case where you really do get what you pay for.

They also make the ADVC 55 for about $50 less. The difference is that the ADVC-55 lacks a few features including a TV-Out for previews.

Several Canopus boxes are on closeout at Amazon.com, including the ADVC-110 for $236;

ADVC-110 ad....

Now for a little secret if Macrovision will be an issue: with the older ADVC-100 you can disable the Macrovision chip.

Do some shopping

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 29 November 2005, 07:04.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Great advice.

Thank you
      Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, Pentium 4 3GHz, 2Gb DDRRAM, Gainward BLISS GeForce 7800 GS+ 512MB, Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital, 3x Iiyama 4637 18.1" TFTs, Audigy 2 ZS, Matrox RT.x100, Silentmaxx Acoustic Case

Comment

Working...
      X