Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Media Studio 8 Scene Detect on HDV capture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Studio 8 Scene Detect on HDV capture?

I was testing Ulead Media Studio 8 Beta and I was surprised when I discover that it doesn´t have Scene Detect in HDV mode.
    But I think that's possible because Premiere Pro 1.5.1 can do it. Also with MainConcept's HDV plugin (Vegas, Avid????).

The final release of MSPro 8 have Scene Detect on HDV?

Thanks.

Hi

You can split by scene with captured footage (Frame content).

Regards

John

Comment

Correct. Timecode scene detection can only be done with the cameras capture tool, if it came with one.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Well, there is a rare thing:

If you record a tape on HDV and then you use the machine to convert in real time to DV from HDV (very high quality on the conversion ; good work SONY) then PREMIERE PRO or MEDIA STUDIO can get time code and scene detect works.
        This means that also in HDV the cam records time code (or I'm wrong?).

Premiere PRO 1.5.1 with MainConcept HDV plugin CAN detect scenes using time code. I don't have tested without MainConcept plugin, sorry.

All that I have tested indicates that HDV works equal or very similar to DV-DVCAM, time code speaking. If it is true, I don't undestand why Ulead MSP 8 can't, if they even do things that seems hard to believe and other apps can't imagine.

Comment

You can also use those DV files as MSPro 8 proxy files.

First set up Preferences to use the DV 16:9 proxy Template and start up a DV 16:9 project. Now capture the DV files into the proxy folder, adding "_proxy" to their filename ahead of the extension.

Ex: "source.avi" becomes "source_proxy.avi".

Now load your *.mpg sources to the timeline (yes, to a DV projects timeline). MSPro 8 will not render new proxies.

When you go to export an HDV file choose the *.mpg filetype and choose one of the HDV templates in the export dialog and

Because MSPro 8 can also capture MPEG from IEEE-1394 DV sources the proxies could just as easily be *.mpg's with the appropriate adjustments to Preferences and the proxy template. They could also be captured using an analog device from the cams RCA output, if any, and a softcodec like MJPeg.

MSPro 8 will Smartrender, not re-encoding video with no changes.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 1 December 2005, 15:29.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Oooggllbrrfff, OK., arg, arg, thanks Doc, urf, eefff (after reading and trying to understand your instructions, translating to spanish, of course).

You are so BAD with us.

I will try.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X