Santas Grotto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santas Grotto

So... any of you lot going to be splashing out, or requesting permission for HT / HTPC / Hifi equipment this christmas?

If so what?

Well, I've had an HTPC for a while, and finally splurged and got myself a DLP projector.
    I've fabricated a screen from blackout cloth strectched over a 54x96" frame and am currently setting up the sound portion - so I may have to ask Santa for a good set of wall mounted speakers.
    I just don't know where to put them - the screen takes up most of the wall
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

ooooo, what model projector? I've been drooling over projectors for awhile, but don't have the money right now for one (and looking at different options and specs is driving me nuts - ie native resolutions, future proofing for HD content etc, drives me nuts)

good job on going DLP, from all the tv's and projectors ive seen, the DLP ones have been the best.

For Christmas this year I'm asking Santa for some nice 5-way binding posts (prerferrably by Cardas, very shiny ) or some nice speaker cables.
      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

The projector is a Benq 6210 - 1024x768 native, with support for 720p, 1080i.
        The only thing I don't like is that it's not a native 16:9 projector, so when you run it in 16:9 it jut blacks out the top and bottom portions. But hey, I had to be reasonable on how much money I spent
        As most dlp's you see colour effects when shifting your eyes left to right (it only has a 2x colour wheel), but the contrast is much better than with an LCD.
        There where a few other models I looked at as well - HP, Epson, Canon but when it came right down to it they just looked to ugly

I did go and purchase some speakers - Paradigm Focus - just small enough to fit under the screen.
        A small wiring problem blew my Halfer amp, so I tricked myself into a new Yamaha RX-V557 to drive two pairs of paradigms and my 12" sub.
        All and all looks and sounds good
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

ahh, 2x is pretty old I haven't noticed any rainbows on the ones I've seen, but it is different person to person.
          Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)

Comment

kind of unrelated, but I might treat myself to this sometime during the holiday season.

Explore the Gibson SG Collections and find the perfect addition to your guitar collection. Shop now at Gibson.

In the Ebony color most likely, although all 3 colors are damn nice.

edit: I've seen a green color on this from some stores, also looks damn nice.
            Last edited by Mehen; 21 December 2005, 03:05.

Comment

Working...
            X