Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wanted:something like this (solar panel + light)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted:something like this (solar panel + light)

Hello,

I'm on the lookout for something like this: http://www.newlite.com/specifications.htm
    (the EL-7 would match my needs).
    However, all the retailers are US based, making the shipping more expensive than the product itself.

So, does anyone know where in Europe I could order this? Or anywhere from where the shipping isn't too expensive? Or perhaps a viable alternative? I need the following:
    - compact solar panel
    - light that recharges using this panel
    - not mandatory, but interesting: accessories to charge other devices (either from the panel or from the 'light')

The NewLite EL-7 would suit my needs perfectly, so this gives an idea about the form factor I'm looking at.

Thanks!
    Last edited by VJ; 25 November 2005, 08:02.
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

That's a start ... and is available in the UK, Germany and Switzerland, so it shouldn't be a stretch to get one in Belgium.
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Yes, I know about the Solio, but I'm unsure it woud suit me: it doesn't have a light (nor do I see an easy option, unless I'm missing something) and the shape of the panel makes it look like it would be hard to lay down on a flat surface (might be overcome, not sure). Do you know of possible options that would provide a light?

Voltaic makes backpacks with solar panels, and their system also has a battery with a led light. However, they don't seem to sell the system without the backpack...

Jörg
      Last edited by VJ; 26 November 2005, 07:20.
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
      X