Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't dry the dog!!

The microwave oven is 60 years young;

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Interesting!
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

anyone want to chime in on how integrated the microwave is into cultures other than the United States?
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

It's good for warming milk.
        And comes handy when one eats what others didn't

Comment

yup, mostly used here to warm up leftoevers from the previous day, or for instant meals. Although for some meals other ways of re-heating are preferred. Can't imagine many 'cooking' with it on this side of the pond though...

Comment

Microwave ovens are so common as to be a standard part of nearly every kitchen.

Warming leftovers and making popcorn is a lot of their utility, but many frozen meals, entrees and side dishes found in US markets are intended for microwave cooking.

We also find them useful for steaming veggies, baking potatos, thawing frozen meats, making a fast cup of tea or hot water for coffee (or whatever), making meat loaf, warming baby bottles (immersed in a water bath) etc. etc.

Our microwave also has a built-in heating element for browning or grilling. Using both modes on some dishes often gives quite good results.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 November 2005, 09:22.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I don't have a microwave, but then I usually end up having a liquid supper... (and I don't like my beer THAT warm ). The majority of people I know have one though.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
              X